》sketches

The Cullens have been more than welcoming to me the last 2 weeks - well, all but one. I'm sure you know who that sour patch is, but anyway. Today me and Alice have something to do that I've finally managed to muster the courage for.

"Alice stop." I groan as she fiddles with the skirt of my dark blue dress. It's way too fancy for where we are going but one thing I've learned about Alice is that she loves to a) dress nice, and b) always be right.

"Oh, you stop." She retorts. "You have to look nice to see your nana."

I sigh; nana always loved me in a dress even though I hardly wore them. I had chemo 3 days ago but I'm feeling better, so I want to go lay some flowers down for nanas birthday. She loved tulips and lillies, so we're going to stop at a flower shop on the way and get some. Carlisle said it was ok for me to leave but I have to wrap up warm, it's the middle of December and I can't afford to get sick. Blah blah blah.

Alice hands me some black boots, the heels about 3 inches. I raise an eyebrow and she smirks, making me sigh as I slip them on. No use in arguing with Alice.

She hangs me a thick black coat and I slip it on, zipping it up half way. She slips her coat over her black dress and heads downstairs with me trailing behind in the uncomfortable shoes.

Esme smiles. "You look beautiful, Ady." I smile small and thank her. "Me and Carlisle won't be here when you get home remember? But Edward is in charge."

I nod and kiss her cheek. "Have fun." I say quietly and quickly run out to the car where Alice waits impatiently.

I roll my eyes as I climb in. She's already speeding away as I buckle up; crazy woman. They all like to drive well over the speed limit. I should be scared but I've never seem any of them swerve.

We stop off and buy a big bunch of flowers half way to Seattle. I begin getting nervous towards the end of the drive, my palms beginning to sweat and my stomach doing flips. Alice looks over at me and takes my hand in silence. I grip it tightly.

Too soon we pull into the cemetery and park up. A thick fog is in the air but at least it isn't raining, nana hated the rain. Alice takes my hand again and we quietly walk to find her plot. I take a deep breath as it comes into sight and walk a few steps ahead, feeling Alice stop and watch me.

I take the dead flowers off her head stone and throw them in a nearby trash can. I then kneel down and gently lay the bouquet over and kiss my hand, resting it on her name. 'Marianna Iris Atlanta' it says.

I smile gently. "Hi nana. Happy birthday... I'm sorry I haven't visited you recently. But a family fostered me and they don't live near." I whisper. "They're pretty amazing... I didn't want to love them but I slowly find myself fitting in. Who'd have thought it huh..." I smile small. "You'd love them, nana. Doctor Cullen is very handsome, and his wife is very kind hearted. She reminds me of you, a pure and honest soul, while their children are all very accepting. They have been raised very well." I giggle small. She used to say that about everyone she met, every time I bought a friend over or she met one of my teachers.

"Alice got me in a dress; can you believe it? Doctor Cullen says I'm doing good... I'm out of hospital. I only go in once a week to get that poison pumped into me..." She always called it that, but she never refused my treatments because she knew they were helping me. I feel a tear fall as I take a shaky breath. "I don't know when I'll be able to come next, but I'll always have you with me.. I love you nana." I whisper, playing with the necklace around my neck.

A few more tears fall as I stand but I gently wipe them away. I take a bug deep breath, sigh and then walk back to where Alice waits. She smiles small and pulls me into a hug. "That was very sweet. She would be very proud of you."

I smile small and hug back. We take our time walking to the car, enjoying the fresh air; I don't get out much which sucks. Sometimes I take a short walk along the stream but I get tired and have to turn around.

We both lean on the car, not wanting to leave just yet. "How about we stop and get some supplies and then go up the mountain?" She suggests after a moment.

"But.. Carlisle said I have to be home.." I say, the sudden hope diminishing almost instantly.

She smirks and shrugs. "Carlisle isn't here."

I bite my lip and giggle like an excited school girl, nodding fast. She smirks and we both jump in the car, speeding to a small art show. We hurry round and get a few sketch pads, some pencils and things before we rush back to the car. I get super eager as we race up the mountains not far from the house.

When we reach a view point, were above the clouds. It's still dull, but so beautiful and clear up here. I quickly jump out and rush to a bench, beginning my drawing. I sketch the tops of the trees, the rocky mountains opposite us, the water fall peaking put from between the trees. For hours I sketch the things around me, Alice sitting quietly and sketching too. I draw her lastly, finishing just as she looks up at me.

The sun is beginning to set as her phone rings; she pulls a face and mouths 'Edward' to me as she answers, stepping away. I smile small and look back put at the thinner clouds. I feel slightly queasy, my head beginning to throb which I never noticed before.

"Ugh, Edward says we need to head home." She rolls her eyes.

I force the smile again and nod, packing up the things and heading back to the car. During the drive home I begin to feel worse, however I suppress it. I close my eyes tightly and breathe slow, barely paying attention to the things around me.

I don't notice were home until I hear my door open and Edwards voice beside me. "Ady?" He says gently.

I try to open my eyes to look at him but I can't seem to. "Shh tired." I mumble. I feel him reach over me and unbuckle me, gently lifting me out.

"Carlisle told you to bring her straight home Alice." He says, sounding angry. I frown; he shouldn't be angry, it was my choice too!

"C'mon Edward, she's been cooped up for too long! She's probably just tired." She tries to defend.

The motion of Edward moving makes me feel worse and I moan small. "P-put me down." I whisper.

"Shh it's ok were nearly there." He says.

I shake my head and quickly jump down, running straight to my room and then the bathroom. I bring up the lunch Alice bought me; Edward bangs on the locked door.

"Adley!?" He calls, sounding worried.

I wipe my mouth and sit back sighing. "Go away."

He tries to open the door. "Adley let me in before I break the door."

I scowl. "No."

"I'm not kidding, I'll break the door."

I roll my eyes and lean against the tub closing my eyes. I hear Jasper speak. "I'll call Carlisle."

My eyes fly open. "No you will not! They're having a night away from me, you will not drag them back!"

"Then open the door." Edward says.

I growl and drag myself up with what little energy I have left and unlock the door, folding my arms across my chest as they open it.

Edward mimics me. "You're sick."

"Yes I have cancer." I retort.

He scowls. "No, you're sick from today. I can already see you're sweating, your cheeks flushed and you can barely stand."

I shove past him weaker than a feather brushing against him and climb into bed. "I have a headache that's all." I lied.

He shakes his head. "I'm calling Carlisle and Esme." He says as he leaves.

I muster all my remaining strength and launch a pillow at the back of his head. Jasper laughs and follows Edward out, who just shakes his head as he pulls his phone out.

Jerks.