》time

I've been living with the Cullens for 18 months now and I've learned a trick or two for keeping my private life exactly that - private. Controlling my thoughts around Edward has become second nature to me and making sure Emmett knows my boundaries, and me having to remind him of them, has happened left often now; he gets the hint. Finally.

My birthday a few months ago was amazing. Me and Seth spent longer than a few days in the cabin - almost 3 weeks actually. We grew closer and closer and we literally move in sync now.

Thing with Seth have settled down - he can control himself around me. Sometimes he does lose it with Jacob or one of his brothers - typically Paul, of course - but he still feels the need to prove himself to Esme and Carlisle. I know they adore him and he knows they do, but I think it's sweet that he doesn't stop trying.

It shows he cares about my families blessing and he respects that they may have reservations about things sometimes.

He stays over almost every night and we spend most of the day together. But when he has to go check in with the elders or his brothers it leaves me all alone. Especially when my family goes hunting.

They all decided to go further North, see their cousins in Alaska for an extended hunting trip. With Seth gone all day I have an extended freedom which I rarely get - the house to myself!

I grab my pop tarts from the toaster and smile as I sit on the couch in nothing but one of Seth's t-shirts. My hair is in a messy bun and I sit slouched, comfortable. Time for some 'Adley time'.

The first few hours pass easily but after a while I begin to feel nauseous. Maybe I should eat... I drag myself to the kitchen and make a pot of noodles but it isn't long before they come back up. I rinse the kitchen sink out and go to brush my teeth; please say I'm not sick again....

I begin to pace the length of my bedroom before I freeze. April 3rd... no, I've had a period recently. I must have.

Still, I quickly slip a long sleeved black dress on and grab my car keys, rushing to the garage. I quickly begin to drive out of town, heading anywhere but Forks. No one there can see me buy a pregnancy test...

I find a gas station about 20 miles away and run inside, to the pharmacy section and to the feminine rack. 15 bucks!? God it'll have to do. I grab the box and throw the money at the cashier, asking for the bathroom key.

She raised an eyebrow and hands it to me, pointing me in the right direction. I go to the bathroom and lock the door, basically ripping the box apart to get the stick.

I wash my hands once done and begin to pace the bathroom, waiting. No, please no. Nope, it's just a sick bug. Not cancer or pregnancy. Just a dodgy tummy.

The digital display stops flashing and I take a deep breath; my hands shake as I slowly pick it up.

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

Oh shit.

×××××××

"Seth, I need you to meet me at the beach. Our spot." I leave him a quick message not wanting to speak to him right now. He won't want me after this....

I park up at La Push beach and slowly walk along the windy shore, up the trail and to the top of the cliff where Seth took me that time. The test is tucked in my pocket in the paper bag from the box. I sit near the edge as I shake - more from the fear than the cold.

I'm not sure how long I spend staring at the dark, cloudy sky but soon enough I sense someone sit beside me. I look over and see Nessie. "Hey." She smiles and hugs me gently.