》early arrivals

I admire my ring as I lay with Seth, who's still asleep beside me. I'm engaged. And pregnant. And I only turned 17 an hour ago. Holy. Crap.

I mean, this isn't the way normal life goes - but my life isn't exactly normal anymore. My parents are vampires, my boyfriend - I mean my fiance is a shape-shifting werewolf and my siblings can do cool things like read minds and see the future. Totally not normal.

I roll over and face Seth with a smile; we haven't moved since we got back from prom 2 days ago. We've just cuddled in bed and enjoyed us and the time we have together as just a two-some. Most of my family went hunting with their friends but Bella, Ness, Carmen and Kate stayed.

I sit up and rub my back. It won't stop hurting and I keep getting cramps. This sucksssss. I sigh and waddle downstairs to get something to eat; I'm always hungry. Good job Esme always keeps the left overs!

I put some lasagne in the microwave and lean on the counter, swaying my hips slowly to try relieve the aching. Please stop, please stop.

"Ady?"

I look up at Kate as she leans in the doorway. "Yeah?"

"Is everything okay?" She slowly walks over, her golden eyes worried.

"I'm fine, just cramping." I smile small.

She gently rubs my back and I groan a little in pleasure, making her chuckle. "Better?"

I nod and close my eyes. "Thank you. Just don't move - ever."

"I don't have to move but you do, your foods done." She chuckles.

"I'm not even hungry anymore." I sigh and grab it from the microwave, sluggishly walking to the couch. Kate follows and sits beside me, watching as I pick at the food. "Do you ever like miss food?"

She chuckles. "Not really. It's been so long since I've had it I've forgotten the taste. Blood... that's all I miss."

I smile small. "That's understandable. I admire you all for your resilience."

She smiles. "Oh stop." She laughs.

I giggle but suddenly grab the arm of the couch as the air gets knocked out of me. I squeeze my eyes shut from the shock and try to remember how to breathe.

"Adley!?" Kate asks worried and I feel someone else is in the room too.

I motion for them to give me a moment and slowly exhale, opening my eyes. Bella, Kate and Carmen are all kneels infront of me, worried. "I-im okay." I breathe.

"Bullshit. What hurts?" Bella demands.

I loosen my grip on the couch and cross my legs. "Its nothing it's gone. Just a false contraction probably."

"Are you sure?" Carmen asks softly.

I nod. "Yes, honestly. I'd say if not."

They look sceptical but leave me alone - well, they all sit around the livingroom to watch me but to them it's the same thing. I roll my eyes and take the plate to the kitchen, washing it up and getting a drink of water. I start walking back to the livingroom but the glass slips from my hand and crashes to the floor as I grab the counter - damn it!

Bella is beside me in seconds. "Damn it Adley! Another!?"

I grip the counter and breathe deeply as I nod slowly. "M-mm." I hum and grit my teeth. I count how long it lasts in my head and relax slowly as it eases off. "Maybe I should call my doctor." I whisper.

"Better yet I'll take you there." Bella grabs Edwards keys off the counter.

I huff and reluctantly follow. Kate follows us to the garage. "Want me to get Seth?"