》Marliya Rose

I cradle Marliya close to me as Carlisle and Seth help me down the steps to where everyone waits impatiently. Esme rushes over when she sees me. "Oh my god I can't believe I missed it!" She whines and gasps when she sees Mar.

I giggle. "Surprise. You wanna hold her?"

She claps her hands excitedly and gently takes her, holding her close. Rose quickly hugs me. "Congratulations! And happy birthday!"

I giggle and hug everyone else. "Thanks guys. Emmett don't break my baby." My eyes widen when I see Esme hand her to him. She's so small... he's too big...

He rolls his eyes and bounces her gently, cooing at her. Awh there's that soft side I like. "Who won the bet?" I ask as I look around; the packs are just coming in.

"The girls did." Paul grumbles.

I giggle and Emily hugs me tearfully. "Congratulations sister. I'm so proud of you both!"

I smile. "Thanks Emily. You can hold her if Em shares." I scowl.

He rolls his eyes and hands her to Emily. I know her and Sam have have issues with having children... Emily bounces her and I see a tear fall so I lean close and whisper to her. "Your time is soon. Promise."

She smiles small and leans on me for a moment before handing Marliya over to someone else. She does the rounds before she's safely back in my arms again and I'm sat on the couch with her.

"Okay, it's still your birthday so we still get to give you presents right?!" Alice smirks.

I raise an eyebrow. "There's nothing worth celebrating. I already have the best present I could ask for."

"Yeah yeah blah blah. Here." She smiles and holds out the flat box.

I sigh and take it, being careful of Mar. I rip the paper off and open the box, gasping when I see all the prom photos. "Awh." I whisper and put the box aside as I look through them.

"Now I haven't had chance to scrap book them yet but I thought you might want to see them." She grins.

"These are... amazing." I whisper.

"Yeah, I know. You can thank me later." She giggles and skips away.

I roll my eyes and keep looking at the photos. They're honestly amazing - and I do look good in them, thank God. I hand them to the girls to look at and pick Marliya up as she fusses.

"Have you tried feeding her yet?" Esme sits on the arm of the couch beside me.

"No... is she hungry?" I frown.

Esme smiles. "C'mon, I'll help you feed her." She helps me up and then helps me get upstairs to the nursery.

I sit in the rocking chair and look at Esme. "What do I do Now?"

"In the simplest form? Take your boob out and bring your nipple to her mouth." She chuckles.

I blush and do pretty much what she said. "Just let her suckle it in, don't force it. She's new to this." Esme adds.

I nod and she does so, making me smile small. "This is... easy."

"Um, for now." She chuckles small.

I look up at her. "Mom... how do you know so much about this?"

She sighs and sits on the footstool. "Well... before I was changed, I-" she takes a deep breath. "I had a son. He died when he was a few days old but I learnt a few things." She smiles small and looks at the floor. "I learnt how to love first off. And I learnt how to feed him, bathe him, change him. The basics."

I frown. "I'm sorry momma." I take her hand and squeeze it gently.

"It was a long time ago, honey." She kisses my hand.

"I'm glad I have you." I whisper.

She chuckles. "And I'm glad I have you. You need to burp her, don't forget." She quickly adds.

I gently pull her away and grab the burp rag to burp her. Esme smiles. "You are such a natural. I'm proud of you."

I blush and wave her off setting Marliya back. "She won't latch again." I frown.

"That's okay. We'll try again later."

I nod and swaddle her again sorting myself out. I hold her out to Esme who smiles wide as she takes her; I wince a little as I push myself out of my chair.

I sigh. "This is going to take some getting used to."

"What is, honey?" She looks over from Mar.

"Everything. I've only known her like an hour but I can't get rid of the fear she isn't real... that she'll disappear. I can't imagine my life without her now." I sigh.

"That's completely normal. That's love." She giggles lightly.

I smile small and we slowly walk downstairs where I see the chiefs cruiser pull up. I sigh; of course she has a right to see her granddaughter but I cannot be dealing with Sue right now.

"Its okay, she's actually happy." Edward reassures me and rubs my arm.

I smile small and take Marliya as Seth goes to greet them. "Thanks. Let's get this over with." I sigh and go to meet them at the door.

Sue smiles. "Is that her? Mariah?"

"Marliya." I smile politely and turn to show her.

"She looks like my Seth." She gushes and strokes her cheek.

I see Leah just behind her, a smile on her face. "You really called her that?"

"I said I would." I smile and move so she can see her niece. "Do you want a hold?"

"S-sure." She says nervously and opens her arms. Sue scowls a little but stays silent as I help Leah hold her. "Hi sweetie... I'm your aunty Leah."

I smile and lean on Seth who wraps an arm around me and kisses my head. She's here, she's safe.

×
×
×

I watch Marliya sleep in her basket beside my bed. I'm too scared to sleep in case something happens but I'm so exhausted. She's 2 days old and I've barely slept - between feeding her, pumping, eating, changing her, I don't have much time left for anything else.

Seth gets to sleep. And he sleeps a lot. Jerk. I rub my face and lay back looking at the ceiling, slowly drifting off. When I wake I see the sun has risen and I sit up fast, checking Marliya. My heart races when I see she isn't there and I jump up, relief washing through me when Seth walks in with her asleep on his shoulder.

I sigh and place a hand on my chest. "You scared me!" I whisper shout.

"I'm sorry. But you were finally sleep, I didn't want to wake you. She's all fed and changed, so she should be calm the next hour or so. Relax."

I scowl. "You fed her a bottle?"

"It was still your milk baby. Don't sweat, Carlisle said it'll be fine."

I sigh and hold my hands out for her. "Thanks but next time wake me please. I don't want her getting confused."

"Okay baby okay. At least go have 5 minutes to yourself. We'll be here." He kisses my head not handing her over.

I do need a shower.... I sigh and go to the bathroom, quickly turning the shower on. I intend to stay in there no longer than 60 seconds but I find myself just stood there soaking up the hot water; my muscles relax and I sigh as I close my eyes.

I'm not ready for parent hood... I mean, I am but at the same time I know nothing. I feel lost; Esme is helping and I know my family is there if I need them but I just... I feel like I'm not ready.

I wouldn't change Marliya for the world but I wish it was easier. My life is perfect but why don't I feel entirely happy anymore...? Am I a bad mom?