(16)

"The Real Reason?"

Y/N's POV:

You shook your head.

"No.." You boldly said but Hoseok didn't believe.

"You're lying."
"I'm not, okay?!"

You accidentally yelled, making Hoseok flinch. He kept silent and looked down.

"I-I need to go." You grabbed your bag and headed to the door without looking back at him.

"I don't love him. I will never love someone who wants to kill me."

You refused to admit that you love the killer. You can't love him. You just can't.

You slowly walked down the street as you hear people gossiping about the same news. You tried to ignored everything but you couldn't. You rushed to the same alley to head back to your house but a shadow stopped you. A shadow of a young man.

You walked closer to the shadows revealing a familiar brown hair man in black. You immediately backed away.

"O-Oh it's you.."

You tried to avoid eye contact. The killer turned to look at you. You both stared for 5 seconds awkwardly.

"How's your arm..?" You pointed at his injured arm. He raised his arm and examined it. You looked down at your feet awkwardly waiting for his response.

"Fine." He crossed his arms and looked away. You sighed and stood in front of him.

"Why did you save me from the thieves and kidnappers.....?" You blurted out.

He looked up and stared at you.

"Why didn't you kill me...? Why?" You asked again.

He put his hands in his pocket and started walking away, leaving you standing there by yourself. You followed him but he kept on trying to avoid you.

"Y-You didn't answer my question.." You wanted to know the reason but you're also scared to ask him.

"He'll probably going to stab me to make me shut up if I ask too many questions."

He stopped in his tracks but didn't turned around to face you. You waited patiently for him to answer but he wouldn't. You finally lost hope and slowly walked away.

"It wasn't the right timing. If these jerks weren't in the way I would have a chance to kill you."

He finally spoke, making you freeze.

"Is that the only reason..?" You asked, not turning to look at him. You waited for him to speak until you decided to turn around but he disappeared just like thin air. You slowly kept on walking thinking about what he said. You actually expected it to be another reason. A GOOD reason.

"Why does my heart ache when I heard his response..? D-Do I care about him? No it can't be."

~~~~~~

"3 more days until Prom!" Jennie exclaimed as we video called on the phone.

"I'm so excited!" You said, smiling widely. Maybe just a good party could wash all the bad thoughts away.

"Do you have a date yet?"
"I'll probably find a date there at the party. You go have fun with your boyfriend."

You teased her, making her blush.

Hours later, you ended the call and took your prom dress out of your closet.

Maybe Prom could make you forget all about the bad things that are happening... right?