Alec ~ Inexperienced

This will basically be exactly like Malec's first date in 2x06 but just with you, I think the scene is really cut and I wanted to put my spin on it so...yeah, enjoy!

ALSO PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION::::

I already asked on my previous chapter, but didn't get many responses: would you guys watch if I started doing episode reactions on youtube? Like so you could watch me react to each episode of shadowhutners (and maybe other shows) every week?

Please, let me know when you can guys!

**********

"Competitive guy, aren't you?" You chuckle, finally pocketing the 8 ball on the pool table and standing back, beaming with pride

It had been your idea to go to the Wolf Moon for your first date as a couple. It had been pretty touch and go after the whole 'destroying the wedding' situation but you were glad to finally have some time alone with Alec that didn't include you being told off for being within the Institute. 

"I grew up with Jace" Alec explains, "I didn't exactly have much of a choice"

"Well, it's good to know that I can beat you at something" You smirk, "What, with all your Shadowhunterness and my Mundaneness"

"Shadowhunterness?" Alec teases and you smack him playfully on the shoulder before reaching for your appletini, taking a gracious sip

"You want to try it?" You extend your glass towards him, "I swear, it's good"

"Uh...sure, why not?" Alec inhales, gripping the delicate glass, which looks ridiculously frail in his giant hand and takes a sip

Instantly, his faces bunches up as if he'd sucked on a really sour lemon and you resist the urge to giggle at him, disgust clear on his face, "It's...wow, it's great"

"Don't worry" you smile fondly, taking the glass back, "Plenty of my other exes were beer men and would've scoffed at the marvellous appletini. At least you tried it"

The both of you move from the pool table, another couple awaiting your exit eagerly, and heading to the bar. You order another drink, peach martini this time, and sit in silence.

"So...what about your exes?" you break the silence, feeling the awkwardness grow, "Did they ever get frustrated with your competitive nature?"

"Lydia never complained" Alec states, setting his beer glass on the wooden bar

"You barely knew her though, right?" you query, "What about your other exes?"

Again, Alec goes silent, offering nothing but an awkward shrug and shake of the head by way of reply.

"Hold on a second...Lydia's not your only ex, is she?"

"I just haven't, uh, exactly had the time for a real relationship" Alec rushes nervously, his hand twitching uncomfortably before reaching for the martini glass and taking a large gulp, "You know this...this really is good. It tastes like peach, though, didn't you say it was apple?"

Alec's revelation and anxious garble made you both smile and grimace. 

He'd never dated anyone before? 

Like, never even had a genuine relationship that wasn't arranged and all about family power and status?

Wow.

Ok.

"Alec...just so we're on the exact same page here...you've never been in a relationship?" You draw out, trying to make sense of the situation 

"Uh..." Alec hums, eyes flitting around the bar, resting anywhere but on you, "No...no, I haven't...Ugh, by the Angel, you're weirded out now, aren't you?"