Alec ~ Prankster

Just before I start, I wanna thank you guys for 105k reads.

Like fucking what?!?!!

THANK YOU guys so much!!!

Happy Reading!! xx

Also...this imagine was Inspired/Based On @MoonStarsandRoses one and this is dedicated to her.

*****************************

You shivered violently, clinging the small, sodden towel protectively close to your tiny frame, the only barrier between your naked body and the entire New York Institute. You were just thankful it was the middle of the damn night and you like to shower late.

"Damn it, Jace" you hiss scathingly, rapping on the cold wooden door in front of you

Another shiver rocks your body as you knock louder on the door, your knee bouncing nervously as your eyes dart from corner to corner, hoping against hope that no one will decide to take a midnight stroll through the Institute and find you half naked.

The sound of soft footsteps behind the door prompts you to stop knocking and as soon as you do, the door swings open to reveal Alec's face, worn and tired looking

"Y/N?" Alec questions, rubbing his eyes and squinting at you, having just woken up

"Heeey" you drawl, grimacing sheepishly, your cheeks flaming as you clutch the towel even tighter to your body, "How are you?"

"I'm...fine" Alec mumbles, his eyes trailing down your body, passing your slick hair and soapy shoulders "Why are you...? What is...? I'm incredibly confused"

"Mind if I explain inside?" you ask, fiddling with the frayed corner of the drenched towel, throwing another glance down the deserted hallway, "You know, before I get caught?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course, come in" Alec rushes, opening the door the rest of the way as you bustle in eagerly, already 5 degrees warmer in the heated room

"So...explanation?" Alec queries, raising an eyebrow at you

"Yeah..." you trail off, "You know that prank war that Jace and I have going on?"

Alec nods in confirmation and you notice his eyes trail down your body again, seemingly more alert and awake now that the stupor of exhaustion had passed, lingering longer than was probably appropriate on your body before flicking back up to your face again.

You ignore the lingering stare and turn back to explaining.

"Well, this" you gesture to yourself, avoiding his eyes, "Is the latest instalment in the dramatic series that is Jace Herondale's pranks. It seems the pipes in my bathroom conveniently burst, flooding my room, at the same time that your parabatai took all of my clothes and switched my towel for a soaking wet one-"

"And since you like to shower late, there are no repairmen around to fix things and so you ran to me" Alec finishes, chuckling slightly, "Oh, Y/N, I told you not to get into it with him. He's good"

Unfortunately for you, the closest room to yours happened to be your best friend Alec's meaning that when your room flooded, he was the first person you ran to.

You also had a crush on Alec, unbeknownst to him but well known by everyone else...including Jace...

Damn

He really is good.

"Clearly" you huff, shaking your head, "So, could the best friend in the history of best friends please loan me his shower?"

You allow your gaze to flick back up to Alec's, a pleading look in your eyes as the water falling from your body hits the ground with faint patters.