Alec ~ Fatality (Part 2)

I'M BACK!

Ya'll all asked a billion times over for it so here you go! Fatality Part 2! I'm also writing this in honour of it's almost 2 full years post-writing!!!!

That is unbelievably crazy to me that it's been up for 2 years!

Again, thank you for your continued support, I am forever grateful.

If you're new to this book, you'll want to go back to around the start of the book and find the Fatality imagine, that way this'll make more sense.

I've also switched to first person for this imagine as it makes a little more sense to me since whenever I personally read first person, the use of I and my etc helps me to picture myself in the position of the character, rather than you, which makes me feel distanced from the character written. So, let me know if you like this style more!

************

I wake with a sudden, painful gasp, like trying to suck air through waterlogged lungs. The sudden influx of oxygen shocks my body like a lightning charge and I move to sit up but find myself trapped, contained within a...box?

Just as suddenly as the oxygen enters my body, it leaves just as quickly and I find myself struggling for my next breath, unable to see anything. Using my hands, I feel around my containment. The smooth feeling of silk and polished wood confuses me even more but with each breath becoming harder to grasp, my instincts kick in. Confusion and fear will have to wait because right now...I have to get out.

Pulling my fist back, I focus my energy, calm myself down and strike at the top of the containment. The sharp scratching of what feels like splintered wood clawing at my hand tells me I've made some progress and I strike again, more forcefully, ignoring the pain of my skin tearing apart at the knuckles.

A cascade of dirt falls from the hole my fist has created, covering my face and chest and I choke, coughing up the vile, damp dirt from my throat as I scrape at the hole, pulling chunks of wood out to create a bigger opening to get through. More dirt falls and now I'm hyperventilating, the oxygen even more scarce as I make my way out of the wooden box.

My hands finally plunge through the ground, finding purchase on the wet grass. I heave with the last of my dwindling strength, pulling my head and shoulders out of the soil, like being painfully reborn.

I draw in a huge, blissful breath of air, letting out a primal, pained scream as my lungs envelop the glorious oxygen, which feels like heaven in an unlikely place.

Pulling the rest of my body out, I flop to the ground, raising my head slowly to see the many gravestones surrounding me, the pure blackness of the sky, the wet, morning dew grass. Now that the immediate danger has passed, the confusion is back with a vengeance.

Where am I?

Turning to face the grave I just dug myself out of, I find a relatively new, shiny gravestone decorating the grass and almost stop breathing again, this time out of shock.

Here Lies

(Y/N) (Y/L/N)

Brave friend, fierce protector and loving wife

Hail and Farewell

I'm dead.

And I'm in hell.

***

ALEC'S POV

"Whatever this is, Clary, it better be important" I growl, turning into hers and Jace's bedroom.