FuckBoy!Alec ~ Side Effects*

Inspired by and a song imagine based on Side Effects by the chainsmokers because holy fuck it's a good song plus it's basically about a toxic ass relationship haha

*quick disclaimers;

-there will be slight smut because, come on, it's fuckboy alec...

-alec is human in this imagine

-for story purposes, I've not done the song in chronological order and pushed some of the verses before the chorus but this shouldn't be a problem. If it is...too bad :')

-ALEC IS BI in this imagine and the language may direct towards a female x alec pairing so if that's gonna trigger you, click that backwards button, k? ;) i don't have time or patience for y'alls drama. Adios!

That being said,

Happy Reading!

****************

It's 4am, I don't know where to go.

Everywhere is closed.

I should just go home, yeah.

You'd just finished up at the club with your friends. They'd taken you out to try and encourage you to forget about the guy that always plagued your mine...the intriguing, dark and handsome asshole, Alec Lightwood.

However, they'd taken you to the exact club you'd met him at and, therefore, your thoughts were granted no reprieve from the thoughts of him, his smile, his body...

Checking your phone, you realise it's 4am and raise your eyebrows. Your friends had left almost an hour ago. How long had you been standing out the front of the dark, closed club, thinking about Alec?

Yours and Alec's relationship had been nothing short of toxic. A sick, twisted affair where you slept together, he'd ignore you and then apologise profusely, muttering 'I want only you's' and  'I care about you's' just to get some more ass...and then move on to the next girl.

You weren't usually the booty call type, more prone to the meaningful relationships but there was something about Alec you just couldn't shake...he was like your own personal drug.

Maybe...

No. I should go home.

Yeah.

I'll just go home.

My feet are taking me to your front door.

I know I shouldn't though, heaven only knows.

That, ooh, the side effects of my loneliness is you.

Before you can even realise what you were doing, your feet had drifted away from the path to the train station, impure thoughts and alcohol pushing you towards his apartment, which you had routinely memorised after many a late night booty call.

You knew you shouldn't be doing this.

You knew how angry your friends would be to know you'd just crawled on back to him, despite everything he puts you through.

This was the first time you'd ever pursued him, usually you just waited around for him to text you and then jump at the change to see him.

Like I said...toxic.

However, tonight, thinking about him, seeing all the couples dancing on the dance floor, the knowledge that his apartment was barely four blocks away...

Guess it's just a side effect.

This happens every time I try to mix,

Decision makin' with one too many drinks.