Alec ~ Punishment

Inspired by an imagine I saw on tumblr...i don't have their user though

******

"I can't believe our mother is doing this to us" Alec growls, standing resolutely at the foot of the steps of the nearest community school to the New York Institute

"It can't be all bad...surely" Izzy muses - the voice of optimism, as always

"I would have to agree" Jace trails off, his eyes following the ass of a New York Huskies cheerleader as she ascends the steps towards her first class

"Very modest, Jace" Alec snaps, glaring at him and pulling the sleeves of his shirt further down his arms, trying to conceal his runes from the surrounding mundanes, "What kind of punishment is sending us to mundane school?"

"Apparently one befitting out mother" Isabelle sighs, "She said we needed to learn the value and privilege of being Shadowhunter's"

Alec just rolls his eyes at her explanation. Although Maryse's intentions for them to learn a lesson in mundane school may prove to be wrong, sending them, or at least, sending Alec to mundane school was a sure fire punishment.

Alec could think of nothing worse than being stuck here.

"Come on, big bro" Isabelle smiles, linking her arm with his easily in her sky high heels, "The quicker we progress, the quicker this day will end"

Alec doesn't reply but allows himself to be hauled away by Izzy, rolling his eyes once again as he spots Jace high tailing it after the cheerleader who's ass he had been staring at.

The woman behind the front counter glares at them scrupulously as they enter the front office, watching them carefully as if concerned they were about to steal something and run amok in the office.

"Uniforms" she grunts, her voice hoarse and harsh

"Excuse me?" Izzy questions politely, squeezing Alec's tensed arm in warning

"I can see at least a dozen uniform infringements between the two of you"

"We're new here" Alec snarks, a forced and brisk smile on his face

"Hmm" she scoffs, returning her gaze to the computer screen, "Names?"

"Isabelle and Alexander Lightwood" Izzy smiles politely

The obnoxious sound of the computer mouse's clicking is almost enough for Alec to want to throw himself out a window but he grits his teeth and bears it, well aware he was being quite the drama queen. 

By the time the office woman turns to them with their schedules and a map of the school, Alec is so sure this punishment is worse then being bitten by a demon, yelled at by his mother and stabbed with his own bow all at the same time.

"Class schedule" the woman grunts, pressing the papers into their waiting hands, "Locker number. Locker combination. Two minutes to class. Fix your uniforms"

"Of course. Thank you" Izzy nods, pulling Alec out of the room and into the hallway

"What a bitch" she mumbles under her breath, consulting her schedule as they turn down the hallway, "What's your first class?"

"Calculus" Alec says, slowly, "Whatever the hell that is. You?"

"I think it's like mathematics" Izzy muses, consulting her timetable once again, "I have English"

"Great" Alec growls, "Now, I have to fend for myself in this hell hole?"

"Alec" Izzy hisses as a teacher stalks past them