Human!Alec ~ Soldier

Definitely inspired by MyImagination_1!!!

I loved this idea so much and got butterflies when I read it so I'm doing it too.

There will be 2 different versions so I can make it interesting and mix it up a bit

Also, lol, I've had my license for barely 3 days and I got into an accident today. That's just my life though, irony in every moment.

In this, Alec is a human solider coming back with Jace from a war, Clary and her son is with you and yours and Alec son is with you. In Version 2, he's been gone over 2 years and he has no idea you ever had a child.

*************

VERSION 1

You tapped your heel on the floor nervously, watching as the tiny plane icon on the electronic screen above tracked your husband's distance from you. 30km, 20km, 10km...he couldn't get to you quick enough, all you wanted was your husband back, your soldier.

"Can you see them, baby?" you ask your four year old son, perched on your shoulders to see over the throng of mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, friends and family awaiting their own soldiers arrival. 

Your son, Micah, stretches his neck, trying to spot his Dad, his blue eyes twinkling in anticipation, midnight black hair ruffling in the slight breeze as the sliding door behind you opens, "Not yet, mumma"

You bite your lip, eyes fixated on that stupid little plane icon. It had touched down almost 10 minutes ago. Where were they?

You feel a gentle nudge by your side and you incline your head to Clary, smiling gently at her as she smiles at you, silently telling you that everything will be ok, that they would be ok.

Yourself, Clary and your two sons were anxiously awaiting Alec and Jace's arrival from the latest war. It was a confidential location, not even immediate family members were allowed to know where they were and your husband's had been gone for over 10 months.

You remember the moment he left 10 months, 3 days and 6 hours ago exactly, every painful second as he triple checked his bag, having already seen Micah to bed and standing on the porch with you, your hand in his as you tried to hold back your tears. You couldn't even go to the airport with him it was top secret and he was waiting for an army issued car to pick him up and take him away. Away from you, away from home, from his son, from his family...

You can remember how the whispered notions of calm he murmured into your ear were fruitless, how gently he had kissed you when the car finally arrived, how he lingered just before getting in, looking behind him at you, the look in his eyes as he just stared into your eyes, knowing that just behind the door you were stood in front of, his son was sleeping soundly and you can remember how you just knew, in your heart, that it took everything in him to turn away and leave you, leave Micah, how close he'd been to sprinting back into your arms, promising never to leave.

But he did leave.

It was his duty, his purpose, his service. 

It was his passion. Even though it broke him to be away from you, from his son and home and family, he knew that being a part of helping the world, serving his country...it was too great a pull to resist.

It's what made you fall so hard for him. His loyalty, bravery, courage, his unfailing desire to help and fight and protect.

You just wish it didn't rip him away from you.

You can remember even the smallest details. Straightening the many badges of service he'd received, futilely running your hands through his hair to try and neaten it up, checking the straps and buckles of his bag with shaking hands, trying to make sure he had everything he needed.