Alec ~ Practice

You took a deep, anxious breath, trying to steady your nerves as you made your way to the training room where you knew Alec was.

You had, finally, mustered up all the courage possible to ask the moody elder Lightwood to teach you some moves in archery.

This was an incredibly anxious ordeal for you because, firstly, Alec had not taken to your or your sister Clary too well when you'd first gotten here. Secondly, you weren't incredibly confident so when it came to massive 6'2 men being nasty to you, it was incredibly intimidating and, lastly, you had to admit...you had a pretty big crush on him.

At last, you reached the solid glass doors to the training room, spotting Alec immediately. He was alone, wearing his typical all black outfit on. His arm muscles were rippling and straining against the fabric and his eyes were narrowed in concentration.

With a sudden burst of bravery, you push the door open, knocking lightly on the glass as you do so

"Hey...Alec" you mumble cautiously, sliding through the door and closing it behind you

"Oh, hey, Y/N" Alec acknowledges you, barely casting you a glance *see gif*

"Uhm...I, uh, had a-a question for you" you stutter, "If that's okay, of course"

"Sure, what do you need?" Alec addresses you, grabbing another arrow from his quiver and setting it in the bow again

While he wasn't being as abrasive as he'd recently been around yourself and Clary, he wasn't exactly the warmest person in the world either, making you more nervous

"I...Well, I was told that when we complete training, we choose a signature weapon..." you explain, Alec listening intently, his eyes focused on his bow, "And-and I've always been intrigued by archery and thought that maybe that would be my weapon"

"Okay" Alec nods, a slight frown on his face, "How does this concern me?"

"Uh...uh, well, I thought maybe you could...well, you maybe..." you stumble over your words, nerves getting the better of you, "You know what? It's stupid, you're clearly busy and I should just...leave you to it. So I think...I'll just, uh, go"

You turn towards the door again, shaking your head and cursing at yourself for being so stupid and weird. 

'Uh...uh, well...,' like seriously, Y/N, get a grip!

"Y/N" Alec pipes up from behind you and you turn to face him again, "Finish your question"

He's finally lowered his bow and his attention is now completely on you. Even though this makes you even more edgy, you continue with your question

"I thought maybe you could teach me how to use the bow?" you ask sheepishly, a light blush spreading over your cheeks, "But I totally get if you're too busy or don't want to train some stupid newbie like me. Besides, I probably suck at it and-"

"Y/N" Alec interrupts you, an amused, kind smile on his face, "Shut up"

You do as told and he gestures for you to come over to him. You do so and he places the solid metal bow in your hands. The metal is warm where Alec's hand has touched it and it's surprisingly lighter than you thought it would be. You weigh it in your hand before taking the quiver from Alec as well, sliding it onto your back.

"Hold on" Alec stops you before hurrying over to a drawer and grabbing a pair of leather, fingerless gloves and throwing them to you, "This'll keep the arrow from slipping when you draw it"

You nod, fastening the gloves to your hands before placing yourself in front of the centre target. Even though you have no clue how to actually do anything, you decide to let your Shadowhunter instincts take over.