Nowhere I'd Rather Be

Date April: 2016

"Please Chan can you come over... I know it's a lot to ask but my parents are gone this weekend and I...I just need someone right now,"She sobbed into the phone.

"I'm on my way Katelyn," He said as he grabbed the keys to his car.

This wasn't exactly how Chandler had planned on spending his weekend. He had planned to spend his weekend finishing his is AP English essay and watching Netflix. However when Katelyn called him, sobbing and asking him to come over, he dropped what he was doing.

He drove as fast as he could towards her house.

When he got there he knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before she opened it.

Her hair was in a messy bun, she had on sweatpants and a 21 pilots t-shirt and was barefoot. Her eyes were red and Chandler could tell she had been crying a lot.

She fell into his chest as soon as he steped inside and he wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed into his shoulder, her tears dampening his shirt. He rubbed soothing circles on her back and they stayed like that for several minutes before her sobs faded and she looked up at him, tears still clinging to her cheeks.

"Thank you for coming," She whispered in a quiet voice.

He used his thumb to wipe the tears from her cheeks. "No problem Kat," He said as he looked into her deep blue eyes. Normally her eyes were so bright and full of happiness but right now they were full of sadness. 

"What happened Kat?"

Her breath was shaky and he placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it in a sign of support.

She took a deep breath and sniffled. "It's Isaac," she whispered. "He was cheating on me...for the past few months." As soon as she finished, fresh tears spilled from her eyes and she started shaking.

She felt Chandler pull her into his chest. She inhaled his scent and found his Axe body spray comforting.

He led her over to the couch in the living room and together they sat down upon it.

"It's Okay Katelyn, It's all going to be okay. You're going to get through this," He whispered into her ear and placed a kiss on the top of her had.

He could feel the rage boiling is his chest. He had never been a big fan of Isaac but Katelyn had really liked him, so he had been friendly towards the guy. However this same guy had just hurt his best friend. Part of him wanted to fight the guy, but he knew doing that wouldn't lessen Katelyn's pain. So instead he held her and did everything he could to comfort her.

After several minutes she stopped crying and her breathing returned to normal. They just sat on the couch, she was still wrapped in his embrace. He was her best friend and just having him here, just being held by him, it somehow made her feel okay.

"I'm sorry I made you come over for this. I know you probably had better things to do. I just...I just can't be alone right now and you're my best friend and-" she rambled.

"Katelyn it's okay, honestly I was just writing an essay. Trust me I don't have better things to do," He assured her as he smiled down at her. She gave him a half smile in return. She was still to hurt to smile.

"In that case, do you want to...uh stay with me tonight...just hang out and watch Netflix's or something?" She asked. Her deep blue eyes looking up at him pleadingly.

"Yeah sure, my overnight bag is still in my car from my trip to New York the other week. I'll go grab It," he said and let go of her so he could stand and go grab his bag.

"Okay, I'll get the tv set up," She said.

Two minutes later he was back inside and they sat on the couch, covered by a soft flannel blanket, scrolling through movies. She leaned back and rested her head on his chest.

"Thank you for this Chandler, for being here with me," She said in a soft voice.

"Nowhere I'd rather be," He answered and she let out a sigh of content.

She was hurting and she knew there were going to be some rough days ahead, but she knew that no matter what her best friend would be there to help her through it.