Quality Over Qauntity

Date: October 2016

Even in the fall, the temperature in Atlanta was still fairly warm and being in a crowded mall with several other people, a person could get very warm very fast and that was exactly what was happening to Chandler.

Katelyn had been away the past ten days, shooting the second season of T@gged. Chandler felt pathetic for missing her as much as he did, but at the same time, she felt the same way for having missed him so much.

Yesterday Katelyn had asked if Chandler wanted to come to the mall with her. Shopping wasn't his favorite thing to do but he had missed her and jumped at the chance to spend time to her.

What he didn't realize until this morning when he picked her up, was that Vivian and Lizzy would be joining them. When he saw them waiting on the porch with Katelyn he had groaned internally.

It wasn't that he didn't like he friends, in fact they were pretty nice and Vivian was very supportive of Chandler and Katelyn's relationship, given the drama regarding the rivalry between their schools.

He had just been hoping to spend some quality time with Katelyn, just the two of them. Regardless he accompanied the three girls to the mall. He figured that shopping with three teenage girls wouldn't be that bad. Boy was he wrong.

////

"Chandler will you hurry up, I swear you're slower than my grandma and she has a cane," Lizzy said over her shoulder as she looked back at Chandler.

Chandler rolled his eyes, the reason he was so slow is because he was literally carrying all of the bags. He had become a pack mule and between the crowded mall, warm and the eight heavy bags he was carrying, the heat was starting to get to him and he was starting to get annoyed with all of Lizzie's comments.

For some reason the girl was constantly chirping Chandler and giving him a hard time. He couldn't figure out why but it was starting to get real old real fast.

"Yeah yeah, sorry the extra fifty pounds are slowing me down, the hell did you guys buy? Bricks?" Chandler asked somewhat breathlessly.

The girls giggled and Katelyn turned around, when she saw how much her boyfriend was struggling with all the bags, a worried look appeared on her face.

"Chandler we can carry some of our bags if you need a break," she said.

He shook his head, "I'm all good Kate, I've got this all under control," he said, forcing a smile despite the growing pain in his back, "Can we get something to eat though, I'm starving," he said and right on cue, his stomach growled loudly.

Katelyn giggled, "Yeah sure babe, we're just going to check out one more store and then we can hit up the food court," She said, smiling at him.

"Okay," he sighed and grunted as he lugged the bags into a clothing store, this really wasn't how he pictured the day going.

////

"What do you think of this one?" Katelyn asked as she came out of the dressing room, wearing a blue plaid skirt and a cute blouse.

"Cute," Vivian and Lizzy said together.

Katelyn looked over at Chandler who look like he was spacing out, "What do you think Chan?"

He looked up, "Huh?" He noticed her outfit and an adoring look appeared on his face, "You look beautiful Katelyn," he said.

She blushed and turned her head to the side shyly. Vivian cooed and Lizzie rolled her eyes at the affection being displayed.

"Thanks Chandler," she said.

Chandler smiled, this day wasn't so bad, sure he was being a pack mule to Katelyn and her friends but he realized that he was still having quality time with Katelyn and was enjoying himself. However that didn't mean he'd didn't want to spend some alone time with her.

////

After stopping at the food court and getting lunch, the girls dragged Chandler to several more stores. Chandler never realized before today, just how different clothes and pairs of shoes girls could try on. Another ten bags later, the four teens were finally leaving the mall and on their way home.

////

They dropped Vivian off first and then Chandler drove to Lizzie's house so they could dropped her off.

Not that Chandler would ever say it out loud or anything, but he was very relieved when they finally got to her house.

"By Kate, thanks for inviting me today," she said as she hugged Katelyn goodbye. She then turned towards Chandler, "See you later boyfriend," she said and got out of the car.

"Bye," Chandler and Katelyn yelled as the door closed.

As they were driving away, Chandler looked at Katelyn, "Does Lizzie not like me or something?"

Katelyn shook her head, "No, Why?"

"Because it seems that whenever she sees me, she gives me a very hard time," he said with an exasperated sigh.

"It's not that... look Lizzie has been my one of my closet friends since freshman year, I've known her along time and she gets protective of her friends, after what went down with Isaac, she just doesn't want to see me get hurt again, so she's testing you," Katelyn explained.

"Well I hope the test ends soon, because my patients are really starting to thin," he said.

"I know and I will talk to Lizzie about giving you such a hard time," she looked at him and smiled affectionately, "I really appreciate you coming with us today and being our pack mule."

He smiled and rolled his eyes, "I don't mind, it's just...never mind." He said.

"No what is it?"

"I just...when you asked me to come with the mall, I just figured it would be the two of us...I missed spending quality time with you," He said.

"I get it and I really missed you two," she paused and then continued, "I know it's late but how about we get pizza and hot wings for dinner and have a little movie marathon at your house," She suggested, happiness in her voice.

He smiled at her, "Sound wonderful."

As they drove towards the pizza place, Chandler hand rested on her thigh and Katelyn's soft hand rested on top of his hand. For them, when it came to spending time with each other, it was quality over quantity.