An Unforgettable Mother's Day

Date: May 2036

Chandler sighed contently as he felt the warm sunlight hit his bare chest as he laid in bed, enjoying the peace and quiet. It was a quiet morning in May and he was happy to lay around in bed.

It was Mother's day and if he had to guess, the kids were downstairs making Katelyn breakfast, and she'd probably share it with him, so for the time being he was content to lay in bed and stare lovingly at his wife, who was sleeping next to him, her head nestled in the crook of his neck, her hand resting over his heart. Her head was rising with the steady beat of his heart.

They'd be turning thirty-seven this year and this year would be their fourteenth anniversary and their oldest, Andrew would be turning thirteen. Despite everything, they were still very much in love, and she was still just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than the day they first met, the day they had their first kiss, their wedding and the birth of all of their children. To Chandler, Katelyn was the most beautiful person, both inside and out.

She was without a doubt the most amazing mother, aside from his own of course. Despite running the foundation with Chandler  and making her own music, Katelyn somehow managed to stay very involved in the kids' lives. They both were, but Katelyn often went the extra mile, going on fieldtrips, she helped teach music at Andy, Kennedy and Julia's schools, helped direct the school musical and helped each of their kids with every project, staying up late to help them finish and helped out at Cayden's pre-school.

While Chandler was also very involved in the kids' lives, he admired Katelyn for how involved she was.

"Why are you staring at me?" Katelyn asked in a groggy voice as her eyes fluttered open and she adjusted to the light.

"I just love looking at the most beautiful woman in the world," Chandler said, smiling lovingly at her.

"You're so sweet," Katelyn said and she placed a chaste kiss on his bare chest.

"Happy Mother's Day," He said and kissed her lips. The kiss deepened for a couple seconds before she pulled away, smiling at him with affection.

"Thanks," she said and cuddled into his side, "Have you heard the kids yet?"

"Nope, I give it another hour or so before they serve breakfast," he looked at her with a flirty smile of his face, "So in the meantime why don't I give you my mother's day present."

"And what might that be?" she asked playfully.

"You'll see," He said and then pulled her in for another kiss. A moan escaped her lips as he pushed his tongue against hers and gently pushed her against the mattress.

////

"That was a nice present," Katelyn said in a soft voice as they cuddled in bed, dozing lazily and wrapped in each other's loving embrace, "And a good workout."

"Tell me about it and now we can enjoy our breakfast in bed," Chandler said, nuzzling his face in her hair.

"You mean 'My' breakfast," Katelyn teased.

"Yeah but you'll share it with me, you always do," Chandler said.

At that moment a knock was heard at the door.

"Sounds like breakfast is here," Katelyn said, "Come on in gang," she called.

The oak door opened and Cayden entered, the four year old holding a construction paper card in one hand and a bowl of cereal in the other.

"Happy mother's day mommy," Cayden said as he climbed onto the bed, his long brown hair falling into his face as he tried to avoid spilling the bowl of fruit loops, "I made you breakfast," He said proudly as he handed her the bowl of cereal and beamed with pride.