What Makes It Even Better

Date: June 27th 2018

Chandler woke up to the sensation of lips on his bare skin. He opened his deep blue eyes and a smile slowly spread across his mouth when he saw what was causing the sensation.

Katelyn was resting against his side, placing tiny kisses along his chest, a smile spread on her face when she noticed that he was awake and she rested her chin on his chest. Her soft brown hair, which she had recently cut short so that it ended at the bottom of her neck, looked dishevelled and she brushed a couple of loose strands out of her face.

"Morning," she said, beaming at him.

Chandler placed his hand on her cheek and traced tiny circle on it with his thumb, "Morning."

"Happy Birthday, Chandler," she said in a soft voice and then let out a tiny squeal when he pulled her upwards, so her forehead was resting against his.

"Thank you," he whispered and his warm breath sent goosebumps down her back, "You look really beautiful you know that?"

Katelyn blushed and shook her head, "My hair is a mess and the only thing I'm wearing is your old t-shirt," Katelyn stated and she ran her hands through his hair, "I hardly think that's the definition of beauty," Katelyn said.

"It is to me," Chandler said, "Beside I kind of like you in just my old t-shirt."

He flipped over so that we has on top of Katelyn. She laughed happily as he kissed the nape of her neck.

When they'd first met four years ago neither of them thought that four years later they'd be like this. This week they had a lot to celebrate. Chandler's nineteenth birthday, his nomination for this year's Saturn award for best child actor in a tv show and their two year dating anniversary.

They'd spent the last two days exploring the city of Malibu California. Yesterday they'd learned how to surf and the day before that, they'd gone on a cruise on the Pacific Ocean and now they'd spend tonight at the award ceremony.

Neither of them had foreseen any of this, but both of they we're happier then they'd ever been and loved each other dearly. They were happy.

////

"Seeing you in that dress is like déjà vu," Chandler said as he held is hand out for Katelyn to take as they got out of his car.

"How so?" she asked.

"It's red just like your prom dress was," Chandler said leaned in close to her, "you really look hot in a red dress."

She blushed and smirked, "Easy tiger, lets at least wait until after the ceremony," she giggled at his mocking pout.

Truth be told, she was just as anxious as he was to get home to celebrate. Something about seeing him in a tuxedo was very attractive and after spending most of the day swimming and going out to eat for lunch, she was a little anxious to get back to the hotel and give him her present. It was a very meaningful one and she couldn't wait to give it to him.

////

"I can't believe you won," Katelyn said as they walked back into their hotel, which was a small beach house on the beach.

"Me either, I mean winning this award for the third time and on my birthday, not that this isn't a cool birthday gift mind you," Chandler said, holding up the award with pride.

Katelyn laughed, Chandler had been giddy with joy ever since his name had called when they had announced the winner of the award.

In a way his win was bittersweet, because as he had noted on the way home, it in a signified the end of an era for both of them. They were no longer considered childhood actors. Also part of the reason it was bittersweet was because what had won Chandler the award, was no doubt his performance during his final episodes on The Walking Dead. Regardless, Katelyn was beyond proud of Chandler and his award. She just hoped that the gift she'd been working on for the past several weeks would just as good a gift as the award.

"Speaking on gifts," Katelyn said as she removed her heels and opened her pocketbook, "This is your gift," she handed him a piece of neatly folded paper, "I hope you like it."

He smiled and took a seat of a bar stool and opened the piece of paper. Inside there was a note:

Happy Birthday Babe, I love you so much. Every day we spend together is a wonderful adventure. I love each and every one of them and look forward to many more adventures. Below are two tickets to England for us next month. Let's make it a great adventure.

Love Katelyn xoxo

Chandler lifted his gaze and his eyes met hers, "You remembered?"

She nodded, "Yeah I did, I couldn't forget the seven hour flight where you moaned about not having enough time in England."

"This is...Thank you Katelyn," he said, still somewhat speechless from the shock of her gift, "I love it and I love you."

She walked over to him and found herself in his warm and loving embrace, "I love you too," she said, "So does this beat the Saturn award?" she asked teasingly.

"Of course it does," Chandler said, "You know winning the Saturn Award was a great birthday present, but what makes it even better was that I got to celebrate it with you," he said, stroking her cheek, "My girlfriend, best friend and the only girl who's ever really had my heart," his voice was soft and full of meaning and affection.

Katelyn let out a watery laugh and smiled at him, "You know what Chandler Riggs?"

"What?"

"You're the only boy who's ever really had my heart and I love you so much."

"I love you so much Katelyn," Chandler said and soon their lips joined in a passionate kiss.

While their adventure in London is a story for another time, it was very far from the last adventure Chandler and Katelyn took together.