Try

Request for mvan899
Date: June 2016

"Okay here's your sweet teas and I'll be back with you food in a bit," the waitress said as she placed the glasses of sweet tea onto the table.

"Thank you," Katelyn said and gave her a smile. Chandler, who was across from her did the same thing.

As the waitress walked away, Katelyn turned towards Chandler and smiled nervously at him. The events of the day were somewhat overwhelming. They'd kiss during filming, confessed their mutual romantic feelings to each other, and then kissed again.

Now they were seated outside this dinner in Georgia and neither of them had really said anything since they got there.

"Can I ask you something?"

He looked at her and nodded, "Sure," his voice was somewhat quiet and he sounded nervous. Why was he nervous? Did he regret the kiss? Had he not meant what he'd said?

"Kate, what's you questions?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

She realized that she had drifted into her own thoughts and her pale cheeks formed a pink hue and she looked bashfully at him through her brown eyelashes and light blue eyes.

"Sorry I drifted off," she fiddled with her straw, turning it around in circles and letting the ice clink against the glass.

"You're doing it again," Chandler chuckled and the smile she loved formed on his face.

She giggled, "Sorry, I...I wanted to know what we are?"

The smile on Chandler's face turned to a look of awkwardness, "I uh... I mean we kissed and we liked each other so I mean I guess we should date."

"You guess?"

He blushed, "I mean with Hana or Brianna it didn't go this way, we started dating before we even kissed, and I've never kissed a girl, told her I like her and then kissed her again without being in a relationship with her."

"Me either...I mean Isaac and I dated for almost a month before we kissed," Katelyn said sheepishly.

"I'd like to be your boyfriend, but I mean I've been told my two girls that I'm nowhere close to being boyfriend material," Chandler said in a low voice and it hurt Katelyn's heart when she heard the sadness in his voice. To her he was perfect boyfriend material.

Which is why she found it unbelievable that he liked her. I mean she was nothing compared to the last two girls he had dated. They were gorgeous and she was just average. She knew she was pretty but after Isaac had cheated on her she'd been doubting herself, which is why she found it unbelievable that someone as hot as Chandler would find her attractive.

"I know what you mean," she said quietly and looked away,"...Isaac said that I was the farthest thing from girlfriend material. He said I was too thin and looked like a ghost with a bush for hair."

"Isaac was an asshole," Chandler snapped and Katelyn squeaked.

When he saw her reaction, he felt guilty "I'm sorry Kate...I just I hate what he did to you, he didn't realize what he was giving up."

She saw the sincere smile on his face and blushed, "Yeah well, Brianna and Hana didn't realize how lucky they were," she slid her hand across the table and awkwardly intertwined her fingers with his, "You're a great guy Chandler, I'm lucky to have you as my best friend and...Boyfriend if you want to be?"

Chandler smiled, "I do...Katelyn I really do and I know that it might get messy with our schools being rivals and us being co-workers, but I don't care, I really like you and I think we should try and give this a shot. I think we owe to ourselves and each other to at least try."

His words made her heart flutter and Katelyn felt like she was cloud nine, "It was the day we were playing Cod that I realized it."

Chandler looked confused, "Huh? Realized what?"

"When I realized that I like you more than just as a friend. Hearing you say that you'd save me over any of your other friends...it made me feel wanted, like there was some guy who cared about me. My feelings changed, I saw you in a different way, you were still my best friend, but I realized that our friendship was one I never wanted to loose. You made me happier than any other guy ever has and it just felt right...I had this feeling and it felt good...it felt right."

He blushed, "It was the morning after that night I came over," he looked at her, a smile of his face, "We fell asleep watching Netflix and I woke up a lot earlier then you did that morning and I just watched you sleep," he blushed nervously, "Just waking up with you snuggled into my chest, I had this warm feeling inside and I just wanted that feeling to never go away. You made me feel something in my heart that I hadn't felt before and I didn't want that to go away."

"The let's try, Chandler, let's try and make this work, something that feels this good to the both of us, it has to be worth a try, I truly believe that you and me can have an extraordinary relationship if we try."

Chandler leaned across the table and pressed his lips to hers in a gentle kiss. Their noses rested against each other and they giggled and pulled away shyly. This relationship was new to the both of them and it was going to take some getting used to, but they both knew that it would be worth it.

They spend the next hour or so, laughing, talking and eating fries and chicken strips, all the time never losing the bright smiles on their face and their hands remained intertwined throughout the entire meal.

They knew that this relationship wasn't going to be a cake walk, it would get messy and difficult at times, but based on the feelings they had they knew that it was worth trying for. The would try to make the relationship work and they would succeed for the rest of their lives.