Sick Together

Date: January 2017

Most teenagers would be happy to stay home from school on a Friday and have a three day weekend, but being so sick, Chandler and Katelyn would have rather been at school then home sick with a nasty cause of Influenza.

Natalie and Mark were away until Sunday so Gina had offered for Katelyn to stay at the Riggs house for the weekend. With Chandler already sick Gina figured that having the young couple together may speed up the process of feeling better. Right now the two teens were resting in the basement, watching movies and taking turns getting sick in the bathroom.

However taking care of two sick teens meant that she'd need to make a trip to the grocery store to pick up some things. As she put on her coat and grabbed her jacket, she called to her son. "Chandler I'm going to the grocery store to get some things, if you think of anything you need just text me okay?"

"Okay mom," came her sons croaky reply for the basement.

Buttoning up her coat and fishing her keys out of her push she stepped into the chilly January air. It had snowed this year in Canton and left the air colder than normal.

Gina never liked leaving her sons when they were sick, but with Katelyn and Chandler keeping each other company she had a feeling that they'd take care of each other until she got back.

////

"Here's the cool cloth," Chandler croaked as he handed Katelyn a damp green cloth which she gracefully accepted.

"Thanks Chan," she said in a raspy voice, "My head feels like someone drilled into my brain," Katelyn mumbled as she placed the cloth on her forehead and let out a tired sigh.

"I think I know what you mean. My throat feels like it's on fire," he croaked as he shivered and pulled on his sweater. So far today they had gone back and forth today between burning up and freezing cold. Currently Chandler was freezing and shivering while Katelyn had removed her sweater and rolled up her tights due to the fact that she felt like a furnace.

"How are you warm? It's like minus forty down here," Chandler said as he pulled more blankets around him.

"Are you serious? I feel like I'm on the sun right now," Katelyn raspy voice made Chandler feel bad, he hated seeing her this sick.

"At least we're sick together right," Chandler said before he felt his stomach churn and he reach over and grabbed the plastic green bowl that Gina had brought down for them in case they felt the need to puke and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.

Katelyn scooted of the couch and knelt down beside him and pulled his long hair back, "You know normally it's a guy who does this for a girl," Katelyn teased but rubbed his back until he had finished puking.

"Well when you're feeling better you can braid my hair," he said and grabbed her hand, "Thanks Katelyn."

She smiled and leaned her head against his , "I'm tired, nap with me?" she asked.

"Sure," he said and they climbed back onto the long coach. Laying down at opposite ends, their heads just mere inches apart, they drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

////

"Why do think chicken soup makes you feel better when you're sick?" Chandler asked as they sat side by side on the couch, slurping hot chicken soup as they watched 'Family Guy' on the flat screen TV.

"I don't understand why no one besides Brian understands Stewie when he speaks," Katelyn said between mouthfuls of soup.

Chandler laughed and sipped his soup, Katelyn never ceased to entertain him with her quickly mind. Her mind was one of the things he loved about her.

Love was something new to them. It was only a month before that they'd first said 'I love you' to each other and ever since then their relationship had grown stronger. Knowing how much they cared and adored each other had brought them closer together and made them feel more comfortable expressing their feelings to one another. The best part was every time one of them said those three words, the other one felt so much joy and adoration.

"I don't know baby, maybe it's because dogs and babies are excellent judges of character and have like some telepathic powers that allow them to communicate with one another," Chandler suggested, "Can you pass me the crackers?"

She nodded and passed him the package of saltines all the while her brow furrowed as she thought long and hard about what he'd said.

She turned towards him, "You know I think you may be onto something," she said seriously and then turned her head back towards the TV. He chuckled and kissed the side of her head. She never failed to make him laugh.

////

"I have to say these are pretty nice," Chandler said, admiring the soft, fuzzy blue socks on his feet.

"I told you," Katelyn said as she pulled a pink pair onto her feet, "Whenever I'm sick I were them, it just makes me feel warm and comfortable," she turned towards him with a happy smile on her face, "Kind of like you," she said.

"I don't know if being compared to socks is a compliment or not," he said.

"Trust me it is," she said and nuzzled into his chest and sighed. She meant what she said, he always made her feel warm and comfortable along with many other things.

////

"I hate seeing you so sick," Chandler said as he rubbed his hand in gentle circles on her stomach, trying to sooth it.

"I hate seeing you sick too," she replied as she placed a cold compress on his head. His fever had gone up again.

They were currently laying on the couch, Katelyn was flat on her back and Chandler was laying behind her on his left side.

"You know what you said about being sick together?"

"Yeah what about it?" he asked.

"Well I hate being sick and I hate seeing you sick, but if we're sick I'm kind of glad we're sick together," she said as she wiped away some water droplets that had fallen down his face.

"Yeah I know what you mean, I mean I just want to help you feel better," he placed a tiny kiss on her hand and she blushed.

"The feeling is mutual," she said as she smiled at him before putting her lips against his in a sweet kiss.

For the rest of their lives anytime one of them was sick, the other one would always take care of them and if they were sick together, they'd just take care of each other. It's what's you do when you love someone and Chandler and Katelyn loved each other very deeply.