You're An Amazing Father

Date: October 2023

Since Andrew William Riggs was born four months ago, Katelyn had never been away from her son for more than a few hours. Often times when she and Chandler filmed Neighbors, Andy came with them or he was looked after by one of his grandparents. So the fact that she was going to be away from her baby boy for two days was very difficult for her.

Ever since she had been on T@gged, Katelyn had been an advocate for treatment for self-harm. This weekend a fundraiser was being held in Jacksonville Florida and Katelyn was going to be a guest speaker.

"Okay so there's plenty of bottles made up in the fridge, his pacifiers are cleaned and if he gets very fussy, cuddle him and walk around with him," she told her husband as she held Andy.

Chandler smirked, "You do know I am his father right, I know how to care of him."

She sighed, "I know and you're an amazing father...it's just I've never been away from him this long before."

Chandler placed a hand on her shoulder, "Katelyn it's going to be fine, go and enjoy Florida and deliver an awesome speech, Dad had everything under control" He said with pride.

She rolled her eyes playfully at his comment than gave him a serious look, "Okay but if there's an emergency I left a list of numbers to call on the fridge."

"I know, I saw it and you forgot to put the numbers for FBI headquarters and the White House."

"I'm overreacting aren't I?" she sighed and looked at Chandler.

He nodded, "You are but it makes you an amazing mother," she blushed, "Now go before you miss your flight."

"Okay," she looked down at Andy and kisses his head, "Mommy has to go now, be good for daddy okay, I love you," Andy gurgled happily at her and looked up at her with his blue eyes. She tried not to cry as she handed him to Chandler.

"Bye, I love you," Katelyn pecked him on the lips.

Chandler smiled, "Love you too, have a good time."

After another quick kiss between her and Chandler, she bragged her suitcase and headed for the door, "Bye bye," she said as she waved goodbye to Chandler and Andy.

"Wave bye to mommy," Chandler said as he gently waved Andy's arm.

Katelyn smiled and blew them both a kiss before she left.

"Well bud," Chandler said to Andy as he carried him into the living room, "Looks like it's just the boys this weekend," Andy gurgled and gripped his dads shirt.

"Just the boys, just the boys. The boys are back in town." Beaky sang as he flew around the room.

Chandler went to respond with some rude comment, but stopped himself when he looked at his son.

Ever since Andrew had been born, Chandler had been attempting to watch what he said around the baby. According to the parenting books, babies picked up on words very easily and when the time came, Chandler really didn't want his son's first word to be profanity, or else he'd end up moving into the living room with Beaky.

"That bird is strange, isn't he?" Chandler cooed as he bounced Andy in his lap. His son gurgled happily.

"Strange bird, strange bird. Chandler's a strange bird."

Chandler rolled his eyes, if the bird kept it up, he might be moving to the patio.

////

The next morning, Chandler was reading over the script for the second half on season three of Neighbours, Andy was down for his morning nap and Beaky was watching 'Black Hawk Down.'