They Still Were

Date: August 2035

It wasn't often that Chandler and Katelyn found themselves with no children in the house. Peace and quiet was often a rarity in the Riggs household, given that there were four kids between the ages of twelve and three living in the house along with two dogs and an old myna bird.

This weekend however the kids weren't home, Gina and her boyfriend had taken the kids to a waterpark for the weekend, living Chandler and Katelyn free to enjoy the house to themselves. Of course Beaky was still there as were Dori and Titus the family Golden Retrievers, but compared to four kids taking care of the pets was a breeze.

Chandler and Katelyn had spent most of last night being intimate and enjoying each other's company. After several hours, they had drifted off to sleep, snuggled in each other's warm embrace.

////

Katelyn opened one eye and was surprised when she noticed the sunlight, seeping through the curtains. Normally the kids were up before the sun was and that normally meant that she and Chandler were up too. Speaking of Chandler, she laughed silently when she heard him snoring softly. She shifted lightly in his arms and tuned around to look at her husband.

At thirty-six, Chandler had aged, he had a slight goatee and one or two wrinkles on his forehead, but to her he was still as handsome, if not more than he was at sixteen. She of course looked different too, after having four kids, her body wasn't as tiny as it used to be, but she was still thin and fit and so was Chandler.

It was hard to believe that'd they'd been together nineteen years, been married for thirteen years and had four kids.

It hadn't been easy however, they'd had some bumps along the way and a few years ago something had tested their relationship like never before. They'd gotten through it and it had made their relationship stronger and it had made their family stronger.

After Andy they'd had three more children, Kennedy, Julia and Cayden. They'd moved into a large house in the outskirts of Atlanta several years ago. They'd come far from the seventeen year olds who had their first kiss while filming a scene for 'The Walking Dead.'

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt Chandler's lips press into her bare shoulder and she sighed happily.

"Morning Beautiful," he whispered as he trailed kisses down her bare stomach, she moaned in pleasure.

"Morning, it's nice to see that old age hasn't worn you out," she teased as she pulled him up to meet his lips with her own.

As their tongues collided, the taste of spearmint mixed with the taste cinnamon, the mixture was intoxicating for the both of them and moans of pleasure escaped their lips as they parted.

"You know what we haven't done in a while," Katelyn whispered and Chandler raised an eyebrow at her, "We haven't showered together in a while," she said with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Well we did say we wanted to start lowering the water bill," Chandler said as he pulled her up and out of bed and slowly led her towards the on-suite bathroom.

Katelyn laughed and when she saw the family picture taken at Christmas last year she smiled, yeah they'd come a long way, but sometime they still acted like they were two kids in love. As he picked her up and spun her around however, she realized that in some ways they still were two kids in love