The Beginning Of A Lifelong Friendship

Date July 2021

"You nervous?" Chandler asked Katelyn as they pulled into the parking lot at the Hilton Garden in Atlanta.

"Why would I be? We're just meeting our co-stars for lunch," Katelyn said as they pulled into the parking space. She tightened the bandana in her hair.

"What are their names again?" Chandler asked.

"Corey Fogelmanis and Sabrina Carpenter," Katelyn said, "They used to me on a show called 'Girl Meets World'," Katelyn elaborated.

"Never saw it, I feel kind of bad, what if they've seen us in The Walking Dead and T@gged," Chandler said as they exited the car.

"So what if they have? It doesn't make us bad people for not knowing them or what shows they were on, She's also a musician like me."

"She is?"

"Yep, those songs I have been listening to lately, they're by her," Katelyn said as she took Chandler's hand in her own

"Now come on, we don't want to be late and make a bad first impression, do we?" she asked playfully.

"Absolutely not," Chandler said, kissing her cheek as they walked into the lobby.

As they entered they spotted a blond female, wearing white converses, a pink t-shirt and ripped jean shorts. Beside her was a male of about Chandler's size with a white t-shirt, brown khaki shorts and checkered vans.

"Guess that's them," Chandler said.

////

"Sab look," Corey whispered to his girlfriend as he saw Chandler and Katelyn walk into the lobby, "Its Carl and Enid," He said excitedly.

Sabrina smirked at her boyfriend's excitement, "It's also Elisia and Cameron from T@gged," She added, looking forward to meeting their new co-stars.

"Chandler! Katelyn!" Cory called and waved at the pair.

The pair waved back and made their over to Cory and Sabrina.

"Hi, I'm Sabrina and the excited little child over here is Cory," Sabrina said, introducing herself and her boyfriend.

"Forgive me, but I happen to be a big fan of The Walking Dead," Corey said as he shook Chandler's hand.

"Thanks, it nice to meet both of you guys," Chandler said, flashing them a genuine smile.

"It really is," Katelyn said in agreement, "It's really nice to finally put faces to the names."

"You guys to, I mean we've seen you on The Walking Dead, but meeting you in person, it's nice," Sabrina said.

"Yeah, Sab's is right, it's going to be so cool working together, and did you guys see the script, Chandler you and me are best friends," Corey said.

"I know, tell me do you like Video Games, like Cod?" Chandler asked.

"Dude, definitely, I'm a pro," Corey said.

"Sweet," Chandler fist bumped Corey, "We need to form our own squad, so we can kick some online but, when we're not filming."

"Sounds beautiful, what's your gamer tag?" Corey asked as the two guys found themselves in a conversation.

Katelyn smirked, "Well it's good to see our boys are hitting it off," she turned to Sabrina, "How long have you guys been together?"

"Three years, we were really close friend and then one day he kissed me and well that was that," She smiled at the memory and turned towards Katelyn, "How about you and Chandler?"

"It was five years last month," Katelyn said with a bright smile.

"Really? That's a long time," Sabrina said.

"Yeah I know, we've been through a lot together," Katelyn said.

"Same with us, so um I have to tell you that I really like your music, the audio you used on your newest EP was really good and I never realized how good the ukulele could sound," Sabrina said.

"Thanks Sabrina, yeah Chandler helped me with the audio, you play the guitar right, I was actually listening to your song 'Middle Of Starting Over' this morning, I really liked it," Katelyn responded.

"Thanks, that was actually one of the first songs I wrote," Sabrina said.

"Hey girls, wanna grab some lunch?" Corey asked, "Chandler was telling me about this bar that has the best nachos."

"I love nachos," Sabrina said.

Katelyn raised her eyebrow at Chandler, "You think we should take them to 'The Greedy Bear' for lunch?" she asked, somewhat surprised.

He shrugged, "It's a good place, besides you love their wings," he said and smirked at the slight blush on her face.

Together the four headed for Chandler's car.

////

"Wait so you guys actually toilet papered Scott Gimples car?" Corey asked in between tiny fits of laughter.

"No, our fans did that in revenge for killing me off," Chandler laughed, "but to do this day Scott still thinks we had something to do with it."

"Which we didn't," Katelyn interjected as she placed a chicken bone into a bucket, "But it was still pretty funny, especially when we saw his face," she laughed at the image.

"I can't believe you guys have never seen 'Girl Meets World'," Sabrina teased.

"Hey to be fair it was on Disney Channel, I mean we can't really expect you guys to have watched that when we were all fifteen," Corey said.

"I don't know, Katelyn watches Disney Channel all the time," Chandler teased and Katelyn rolled her eyes

"I do not, I only watch it with Beaky," Katelyn shot back.

"Who's Beaky?" Sabrina asked.

"He's our demonic bird," Chandler answered.

Katelyn rolled her eyes, "Chandler is exaggerating, Beaky is our Myna bird and he's quite nice, he and Chan don't always get along," Katelyn explained.

"In other words, I'm Harry Potter and Beaky is Voldemort," Chandler said and Corey and Sabrina laughed.

"I really want to meet this bird," Corey said.

"Same here," Sabrina said.

"Why don't you guys come over this weekend," Chandler suggested.

"Really?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah, we're gone until Friday for Walker Stalker Canada but we'll be home by Saturday morning, so why don't you come over for dinner Saturday night and then we can all do something." Katelyn said, smiling at her new friends.

"Sounds good, thank you," Corey said and Sabrina nodded.

As the four of them continued talking and laughing, none of them realized that today was the start of something, it was the start of a lifelong friendship between the two couples.