Names

Date: April 2023

"Okay how about Herbert?" Katelyn asked as she leaned back into her husband's chest.

They were laying on their bed, she was leaned into his chest and sat between his legs. He was running his hands over her swollen belly. She is now seven months pregnant with their first child.

Currently they are looking through a book of baby names, trying to pick out a name for their child. They aren't having much luck.

"Herbert?" Chandler asked between fits of laughter.

"Yes!" Katelyn exclaimed, "It means illustrious warrior."

"It's also the name of the old pervert on Family Guy," Chandler was still laughing.

"Pervert, Family Pervert," Comes the sound from the birdcage.

Chandler glared at the bird who he referred to as his 'Arch Nemesis', "Shut up Beaky or else I'll take your feathered ass to the zoo and feed you to the lion."

Katelyn rolled her eyes at the banter between the bird and her husband, "Okay," She said, "You pick one," She gestured to the book titled "The Book Of Names."

"Okay", he looked through the book until he found a name that he likes.

"How does Brooke sound?"

Katelyn shook her head, "Nope, there was a girl named Brooke in my third grade class who use to pick her nose and then eat it. Booger Breath Brooke is what they called her."

Chandler laughed hysterically and shook his head, "Okay so no Brooke," He looked over the page again, "Phoebe?"

"No because when she gets to high school, kids will call her Freebee Phoebe."

"Okay well since you've shot down my names, maybe you should pick again."

She scoffed, "I didn't shoot down all your names...Just the bad ones."
"Breanna?"
He growled at her suggestion. "Fine but if it's a boy we're calling him Isaac."

She raised her hands in defeat, "Alright fine no names that belonged to our exes."

She thought for a second and then a smile formed on her face. "I've got it."

"Alright than let's hear it."

"If our baby is a girl than we call her Jo, as in short for Josephine. If we have a boy than we call him Alex."

He rolled his eyes, "You only suggested those names because those are the names of your favorite couple on Grey's Anatomy."

She nodded against his chest, "Dam right," She raises her hand in the air, "Team Jolex all the way." She cheers.

"Team Jolex rules, go team Jolex," Beaky squawked from his cage.

"See Beaky knows what's up," Katelyn smiles at the bird, "Thank you Beaky."

"Beaky loves Katelyn," The birds said and Katelyn cooed.

"Kiss Ass," Chandler mumbled under his breath. He skimmed over a page until a name caught his attention.

"Lucille?"

"No way, I don't want to be thinking about that disgusting baseball bat every time I say our daughter's name."

"Fair. Okay your turn."

She leaned her head back and looked up at him, "Scott?"

Within seconds, they both shook their heads. The name Scott didn't bring back the most pleasant memories.

"You know William isn't a bad name," she said, treading carefully.

He sighed, "Kate, you know that I really don't want to name a kid after my father. I want our child to be his or her own person. I don't want our kid to feel like he has to live up to some big legacy."

She nodded, "I'm sorry I brought it up."

He kissed the top of her head. "You don't have to be sorry, you didn't do anything I just don't want our kids name to be William...at least not as a first name."

She nodded and lifted his hand to kiss it. He smiled at this small sign of affection.

She then turned her attention back to the book. When she found a name that she really likes she lifted her head up to look at him,

"Kennedy?"

"Kennedy?" he repeated, a thoughtful look on his face. "What does it mean?"

"It means strong leader, brave, kind hearted," She smiled, she really likes this name.

"I like it," Chandler adjusted his body and leaned in close to Katelyn bump, "What do you think kid, the name Kennedy sound good to you?" he whispered.

A few seconds later Katelyn felt the baby kick, "I think so," She said and grabbed his hand, placing it on her belly. He smiled when he felt the kicks.

"That's amazing," He said, beaming at the bump as he feels his child kick.

Katelyn smiled lovingly at her husband, "So it's settled, if it's a girl, we name her Kennedy."

"Kennedy. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22nd 1963."

Chandler raisesd his hands in the air, "Ladies and Gentleman, this is what happens when a myna bird watches the history channel for ten hours straight." He cried dramatically and Katelyn laughed

"Okay, what if it's a boy? What should we name him?"

He looked through the book until a name at the bottom of a page caught his eye.

"Andrew?"

Before Katelyn could reply, the baby inside of her started to kick. She smiled at him, "I think the baby likes that one too," She said and he smiled. He felt the baby kick and his heart swelled. He can't wait to be a father.

"So if our baby is a boy then we'll call him Andrew. Sound good?"

She smiled and leaned her head back, "Sounds perfect." Her lips met his in a short kiss.

"I love you," She whispered.

"I love you too."

"I think we should discuss who the godparents will be," She said and he chuckled lightly.

"You realize that the list for potential godparents is like a foot long."

She nodded, "yep so before we start, the baby needs some peanut butter ice-cream." She said and batted her long eyelashes at him.

He shook his head, "The baby does or you do?" he raised a eyebrow.

"We both do," He smiled and got off the bed, "You're a good daddy Chandler," she said as he walked towards the door.

"Chandler is a good daddy. Chandler is my good daddy."

Katelyn's laughed and Chandler threw the book at Beaky's cage. He swore that as soon as the baby was here, Beaky would be moving to the living room.