Halloween Traditions

Date: October 2042

It was a quiet night in Canton Georgia. Chandler was seated on the couch playing around with his music on his laptop. The Television was on and a horror film played in the background.

"Ugh," Katelyn groaned as she sat down of the couch beside him. He turned his head to the side and looked at her, arching his brow in confusion.

"What's wrong?" he asked, faint concern noticeable in his deep blue eyes.

Katelyn sighed and ran her head through her shoulder length soft brown hair. She looked at Chandler with her blue eyes and smiled.

"Nothing I'm just-tired," she said after a pause and rested her head on her husband's shoulder.

Chandler nodded and rested his head against the side of hers. He was tired too.

Three years ago, Chandler and Katelyn launched 'June Records' named after Katelyn's grandmother.

In the past two years they had acquired several young artist and had helped many launch their first albums and for some like Cassidy Fogelmanis had produced a few more albums for them as well. Chandler handled the majority of the marketing and along with his brother in law Chris Nacon, was an agent for the artists.

Katelyn meanwhile managed the studio and handled the musical production. At times she would travel to scout for new talent.

June Records was thriving and so were all six of Chandler and Katelyn's children.

Andy was nineteen years old and was attending Yale University earning a Law Degree while his girlfriend Jenna went for a Degree is Global Affairs.

Kennedy was currently starring in the Netflix Series "Group Chat," which was directed by Denise Huth. She was currently residing in New York and was living with Corey and Sabrina and their three kids, the oldest one Daniel was her boyfriend.

Julia had started High school this year and was thriving. Cayden was doing quite well in grade five and the twins, Tyler and Tessa were in grade one and were thriving.

Running a business and looking after the four children that still lived at home took a lot of energy and this had been an especially busy week. Both Katelyn and Chandler wanted nothing more than to relax this weekend, but then both knew that the next two days were going to be filled to the brim with Halloween festivities.

Tomorrow was Friday and the kids were home from school due to a 'teacher work day' so Chandler and Katelyn planned on taking the kids to a pumpkin patch.

Going to the pumpkin patch as a family was just one of the traditions that Chandler and Katelyn had created as their family had grown over the last nineteen years. As the older kids had grown up over the years they were often hanging out with friends or significant others but they always made the time for the family traditions.

Chandler yawned, "I know the feeling. I just want to sleep for the next few days."

"Maybe we just skip Halloween this year and give the kids giant pillowcases of candy ourselves," Katelyn mumbled as she snuggled deeper against her husband.

Chandler let out a huff of laughter, "No way. This is the year that I finally create the scariest house in the neighborhood."

Chandler and Katelyn lived in a suburb on the outskirts of Canton Georgia. Behind their house was a massive field that gave the kids and the dogs plenty of space to play and for beaky to fly. The neighbourhood took Halloween decorations very seriously.