Cheesy Is Great

Date: July 2016

Chandler's hands were clammy and he bounced nervously from one leg to the other as he rang the doorbell at Katelyn's house.

He'd been to her house many times before, why was this time any different? Why was he so nervous right now?

The answer was that this time he wasn't going to her house as her friend, no this time he was going to her house as her boyfriend.

It still felt someone unbelievable that Katelyn Nacon was actually his girlfriend, just days ago they had kissed and ended up revealing their attraction for each other and now here he was picking her up for their first date.

Her father opened the door and smiled at him, "Chandler how are you?"

"I'm good Mr. Nacon," Chandler said, somewhat nervously.

The older man chuckled and placed a hand of the boy's shoulder, "Chandler we've known each other almost two years and you and Katelyn have been best friends for almost all of that time, just because you're dating doesn't mean you can't call me Mark."

Chandler let out a breath of relief, he was worried that Katelyn's dad would have given him some death stare and a speech about how if he hurt Katelyn, her father would hurt him.

"I trust you will treat my daughter with respect," Mark said and Chandler gulped, "Yes sir I will I promise."

Her father nodded , "Good otherwise we're going to have a problem." His voice was serious, but before he could say anything, Katelyn came to his rescue.

"Dad," she lightly chastised, "Leave Chandler alone," She said as she walked down the stairs.

When she came into view, Chandler was star struck by how beautiful she looks. She was wearing a pink t-shirt with a smiley emoji on it, a cropped cream colored cardigan was over the shirt and she had ripped jeans on and was barefoot.

"You-you look beautiful Katelyn," He stammered and she smiled, her face turning bright pink from blushing.

"Thanks, you look pretty handsome yourself."

Chandler had on a gray polo shirt and blue jeans, with Nikes on his feet. He was also wearing a maroon bomber jacket.

"Thanks."

"Chandler you look very nice," Natalie said as she came into the front hall from the kitchen.

"Thank you Natalie," He smiled appreciatively at Katelyn's mom and she smiled back.

Unknown to Chandler and Katelyn, she and Gina had been expecting this moment for a long time.

"So where are we going?" Katelyn asked as she sliped her feet into a pair of yellow vans.

"You told me you've haven't been to a carnival in ages so I thought I'd take you to the Fourth of July carnival, it's just outside the city."

The look of excitement are her face made his heart swell, "Oh my gosh, Chan I can't believe you remembered that, Thank you," She squealed and hugged him.

"You're welcome."

She let go and blushed when she saw the amused smiles on her parents faces.

"You guys have fun, enjoy yourselves, you've earned it," Natalie said and both teens smiled, "We will," They said together.

Chandler opened the door and held it open for Katelyn. He turned towards her parents, "I'll have her home by eleven."

Mark pointed at him, "You'd better," His teased and Chandler relaxed and smiled as he closed the door.