A Few Years From Now

Date: April 2018

Chandler loved Chicago. The food was to die for and he and Katelyn had engorged themselves at some pizza place Ross had taken them to last night.

Their hotel was amazing and they had taken full use of the one hour of private pool time they had been offered by the manager of the hotel.

Yesterday had been a lot of fun, photo ops, autograph signing and his favourite part, hearing Katelyn sing. His girlfriend had a really amazing voice and hearing her sing was one of his favourite things in the whole world.

Today he and Katelyn had a panel in the early afternoon and then they had the rest of the afternoon and evening to spend some time exploring the city.

As Chandler was getting ready he got a call from the director of Fan Fest. Apparently this fan wanted to propose to his girlfriend, they were both huge fans of both the show and of Chandler and Katelyn and the guy wanted to purpose during the panel.

Chandler had agreed instantly, both he and Katelyn cared a lot about the fans, plus the thought of a proposal during their panel was really cool.

////

Katelyn was in the process of applying a tiny bit of makeup on her cheeks, when she heard Chandler calling her from the bedroom.

"Katelyn, you ready yet babe?" he called.

"Almost Chan," she put the cap back on her strawberry lip gloss.

She heard chuckling from the doorway. In the mirror she could see Chandler leaning against the doorway, chuckling as he looked at her.

"Something funny?"

"You look like a thirty year old soccer mom in that outfit," He teased.

She rolled her eyes, he was referring to her outfit. She was wearing a tank top and Nike tights along with white ankles socks. Add that with her meteor sweater and Nike trainers and he was right, she would look like a soccer mom.

"Yeah well you look like a classic white boy," She teased back, referring to his hoodie and blue jeans.

"Well played," He said coming to stand behind her.

He started to kiss the back of her neck and her breath hitched, "Don't you dare, we have to be at the venue in thirty minutes".

He frowned and mumbled in disappointment and she giggled.

"Oh the venue called earlier. They wanted our help with something," He said as they exited the bathroom.

"Help with what?" she voice is somewhat muffled as she throws her sweatshirt on over her head.

"Oh you'll love this," he said and begins to tell her about the proposal.

////

The panel went pretty well. They answered a lot of questions about their characters, some about the show and some about their personal lives.

Chandler and Katelyn had a lot of fun teasing and poking fun at each other while answering the questions. It was one of the parts of their relationship that they both loved, being able to tease each other without going too far.

There was a somber moment when the interviewer asked Katelyn how she managed to portray Enid's reaction to Carl's death so well.

Tears formed in her eyes while she explains how she did it and Chandler grabbed her hand, squeezing it in support.

She was grateful for the support and soon two fans join them onstage to play a Walking dead trivia game hosted by Chandler and Katelyn and then it happened.

This guy purposed to his girlfriend right there on stage and both Chandler and Katelyn smiled at the happy moment. It was really sweet and they were both glad they could be a part of it.

////

After the excitement of the proposal died down, Chandler and Katelyn had time to answer a few more questions.

"My question is for both of you. Are you guys dating? Because you don't act like it during conventions."

Chandler and Katelyn laughed.

"I don't know," She teased and turned towards him, "Chandler are we dating?"

"I mean I think so," He teased back.

"To answer your question, yes we are dating, we have been for a long time-"

"One year, ten months and nineteen days to be specific," Chandler said and a radiant smile formed on Katelyn's face, she loved that he remembers stuff like that...most boys don't.

"The reason we don't act like it during conventions is because we like some privacy in our relationship but also because we like to try and keep it professional when we're at conventions and stuff, " Chandler explained.

"My question is for Katelyn. If Chandler were to purpose to you what would your answer be?"

They were both completely taken aback by the question.

Everyone's eyes, including Chandlers were on Katelyn.

"I uh...well I...okay look if Chandler was going to purpose right now my answer would be no, not because I don't love him or anything, but because neither him or I are ready for that, but if he were to ask me a few years from now than my answer would definitely be a yes."

"...I think that's a damn good answer," Chandler said and the audience applauded and laughed.

As they answered the rest of the questions they couldn't help but sneak glances at each other, smiling and blushing.

////

Then didn't get back to the hotel room until very late that night. After they finished their panel, they had joined Ross, Scott and a few others at a Pub for dinner. The pub had the most amazing sandwiches any of them ever had.

"I don't think I'll ever had a sandwich that good again," Katelyn stated, kicking off her trainers and removing her sweater.

"I know, that place was amazing," Chandler said as he pluged his phone into a charger.

Katelyn nodded and leaned against the wall, "...I meant what I said earlier Chan," Her voice was quiet, "If a few years from now, if you were to purpose...I'd say yes in a heartbeat."

A huge smile appeared on his face, "That's good to know," He looked at the door leading to the bathroom and an idea formsed in his mind, "What to try out that Jacuzzi tub?"

"Sorry bud, but you promised to sign autographs for the entire hotel staff so no Jacuzzi until you do," She said, pointing a finger at him.

"Fine," He grumbled and then he saw her walking to the bathroom.

"Hey I thought you said no Jacuzzi."

She giggled, "No I said no Jacuzzi for you, I didn't say anything about me." She teased.

She turned at the entrance to the bathroom and gave him a flirty smile, "If you want to join me than you'd better hurry up and finishing signing those portraits."

"You're a tease," He called as she closed the door.

"Yeah but I'm a tease that you want to marry," she called from behind the door.

Chandler laughed, Katelyn was definitely right about that.