Part 12

"So~?" Bulma starts as they sit around, waiting for Goku to arrive. 21 looks at her as the woman stares her down with her large eyes. She cocks her head in curiosity, wondering what she could want. She recognizes that tone. If often means little good.

"Are you two like...an item or something?" she finally asks, pointing a subtle finger at Trunks who is sitting away from them on a rock. He is too pre-occupied with throwing sneaking glances at Vegeta, his father, to notice anything. 21 isn't surprised at his curiosity. He never really knew his dad.

"Well, are you?" Bulma pushes, making 21 realize that she hasn't yet answered.

She quickly shakes her head and closes her mouth that seemed to have dropped open. "N-no. We're just friends. That's all." she stammers, making Bulma tilt her head at her, blinking.

"Well, that's too bad. You two look nice together." she states bluntly, making 21 look away not really knowing what to say to that.

"Bulma, you're so blunt." Krillin scolds. "You're making the girl uncomfortable." he says, making Bulma snicker.

"Well sorry. I just say it how I see it. That's all. No harm done right?" Bulma asks 21, making her smile a little.

"No. It's fine." she assures her.

They fall silent for a while as they observe the tension between Trunks and Vegeta. "Hey." Bulma starts silently after a moment. "Now check this out. Is it just me or do those two kinda look alike?" she asks Krillin.

"Well. Now that you mention it.... I can kinda see a resemblance. Well, I mean, just in looks. That other guy seems pretty nice, but Vegeta has the personality of a stump." Krillin tells her, making 21 hide her snicker behind her hand. She agrees that Trunks and his dad couldn't be more different.

"Well...he's a prince." Bulma says, like that explains everything.

"So what?" Krillin asks, not getting where she's going with that.

"Princes have to act bored. Like the world's not good enough for them." she explains.

"Huh? Vegeta seems more agitated than bored. Like he has a bad case of hemorrhoids or something." Krillin states dully, making 21 nearly choke. Bulma will love it when she retells her this conversation.

The wait seems to last forever. When Trunk's watch gives off another signal, 21 was in the middle of another match of rock, paper, scissors with Gohan. Looking up at him, he announces the two hours have passed.

It is only a moment later that everyone turns to the sky, a great source of ki quickly approaching, getting everyone riled up. True enough, something can be seen as it enters the atmosphere, coming down fast before crash-landing a short distance away. No time is wasted as they all rush down there.

Full of anticipation they wait until the pod opens up and out steps a man with black unruly hear. He looks surprised to see everyone waiting for him. "Hey guys. How did you guys know I was coming?" he wonders as the cheers die down, rising up to meet his son and friends.

"It was all thanks two these two. They're a bit mysterious, I think they might be fans of yours Goku." Bulma tells him, pointing out the new faces in the group.

"They know all about you daddy!" Gohan adds excitedly, making Goku look at hem curiously.

"But how?" he wonders out loud, not showing any sighs of recognition. This comes to the surprise of the others as they were sure Goku must have known them.

"They knew the exact time and place of your arrival Goku." Bulma reveals to Goku's surprise.

"That's impossible. We've never even met." he exclaims.