Part 35

Cell chuckles, pleased to see the horrified faces up on the ridge. "Does anyone else want to be a martyr today?" he asks.

Julliet glares down at him, furious. "Monster." she hisses through her teeth, her body shaking in anger.

Gohan looks scared as Cell returns to his goal, trying to make him angry. He watches Cell gaze at his friends in thought, thinking on how to proceed the torture.

He seems to have reached a decision before he opens the stinger on his back, releasing...miniature Cell's?

"Now, my dear children; those eight on the cliffs are your enemies. Give them pain. Kill them if it makes you happy." he tells the tiny creatures before letting them loose.

"Guys! Be on guard!" Goku warns, noticing their strength.

"Julliet!" Trunks calls out, turning Super Saiyan.

"Right!" she nods, standing back to back with him. They are tag teaming this.

The Cell juniors come at them quick, each picking an opponent as there is one for each of them. Quickly they prove how strong they are and how incredibly annoying.

Julliet has to keep on her toes as she tries to block each blow the one in front of her throws at her. She hardly has the chance to return a punch, as it is just too quick.

"Ugh!" she grunts as a tiny fist makes contact with her jaw, throwing her back into Trunks. His reaction is to grab her wrist and swing her around so she can plant her feet against the one he was fighting while he punches the one that took her on. Both Cell juniors are thrown back for a second, only to return just as quick.

They continue to help each other out like that as best as they can, but the tiny Cell's are unrelenting in their barrage.

Meanwhile, Goku is having a hard time. He's still tired from fighting Cell and it shows as he gets hit more often than the others. Tien and Yamcha step in after Piccolo helped them out with theirs.

But before long, the fighters start to waver. They just don't have the stamina those small creatures have and soon Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and even Goku end up being pummeled.

"Trunks!" Julliet shouts as he gets knocked to the ground. She can't rush down to help him however as she's being kept busy. She is lucky to have an unlimited power supply and a high tolerance for pain, or she would be down with the others already.

"Ah!" she shouts, receiving a hit in the stomach. The creature goes to hit her in the back, but is knocked away by surprisingly, Vegeta. "Thanks!" she calls before they both are pre-occupied once again. She is relieved when Trunks joins her again soon after.

Things are really starting to look bleak when Vegeta snaps and uses his Final flash technique in attempt to destroy the pest that is bothering him so much. However, the tiny Cell blocks the attack before steering off course.

Meanwhile, Gohan looks on, torn. He wants to help so bad, but he just can't seem to find a way to trigger the power within him. He is filled with doubt at himself.

His resolution appears in the form of 16's head, who still functions somehow. In an unlikely feat of bravery, Mr. Satan brought it closer to him.

"Gohan, let it go." he starts to say. "It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those, who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan... You are gentle, you do not like to hurt... I know, because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life, that you must protect it." he tells the boy.