Part 26

Julliet sighs as she glances at the door to the hyperbolic time chamber once more. She wishes the day was over so Goku and Gohan are back, ready to help Trunks. She doesn't know if he'll hold on for long.

She knows he's really strong, probably the strongest fighter on their side there is right now. But she can't help but worry either way.

She quietly listens to Piccolo and Tien mutter between themselves as they try to keep a grasp of the situation below. Meanwhile, Bulma tries to pick some answers from the two, but without much luck.

What Julliet did manage to figure out after some time, is that Cell surpasses Trunks in speed. Trunks used to be so quick, but she guesses that he didn't pay as much attention to speed in his training as he did power.

As she feels Cell power up even more, she is starting to have a hard time sitting still. She promised she wouldn't go interfere and he promised he would come back. She knows they each have to keep their promise, but it's really hard to sit and wait.

She meant what she told him. She is basically living for him...because...it's not just that he is all she has to keep her going, but...she loves him. She probably has been for a long while. It started with a simple love, for the person that he was as a boy. But now...she loves him for the man that he is, the special kind of love.

She recalls the words he told her before she left him to face Cell. They left her feeling warm inside, loved in return. If the circumstances were different...she thinks she wouldn't have held her control and just smashed her lips on his like she wanted to.

It's so surreal. Since the moment she woke up to be...this, she never imagined that she would be able to fall in love and for someone to care for her like that in return. But Trunks, he's really something. There really is no other like him. He makes the impossible possible. She's really lucky to have met him.

She jumps to her feet a she feels Trunks power down. Rushing to the edge of the lookout, she stands besides the others, gazing down as worry grips her even more.

"What's up? Hasn't Trunks put Cell's lights out yet?" Bulma asks as she plays with her baby, noticing they have fallen silent.

"It's over." Piccolo growls with a horror stricken face, catching her attention.

"He did it? Trunks beat him." she sighs, looking proud.

"No! He means Cell has beaten Trunks." Tien tells her, managing to wipe the smile from Bulma's face.

"This is bad. Very bad." Piccolo growls.

"That means he's in danger right? Do something!" Bulma begs them, letting her eyes fall on each one of them.

Julliet stares down silently, though not really seeing anything. She only has her other senses to rely on. Something tells her that Trunks is not hurt as of yet, so what happened? Either way, if Cell does kill him, she will not make it back to him in time. But if or when that moment comes... she will set off to die as well. She hopes Bulma will forgive her for making that choice, instead of returning home.

"What?! No. I don't believe it." Piccolo suddenly states, making them all turn to him. It's clear he has a better understanding of what is going on below.

"Cell is planning some kind of tournament." he says, shocking them for a moment.

"Does that mean that..." Julliet starts, swallowing hard.

Piccolo nods in reply. "Cell won't kill Trunks. Not today that is." he explains, making her release a shake breath in relief. She suddenly starts to feel excited to see Trunks again, despite feeling unnerved at the idea of a tournament.

She turns around to face Bulma, who looks at her curiously when she steps up to the woman, putting a gentle hand on Trunks' little head, stopping him from crying.

"Bulma. I might need your skillset soon. If you'll help me?" Julliet asks her.

Bulma blinks at her curiously. "Sure..." she breathes uncertainly, making Julliet nod at her in thanks before looking down in surprise as baby Trunks takes hold of her hand and starts babbling at her. Julliet smiles down at the little guy, poking his nose to make him look at her finger cross-eyed.

"Then I'll see you at your place. Next time around, I'll be fighting along side Trunks." she mutters the last part to herself before flying off to meet up with Trunks, leaving baby Trunks blinking confusedly as he turns to his mommy. Bulma shrugs at him, not knowing what the young woman is on about, but she supposes she'll find out soon.

Julliet's search ends up with her ending up at Capsule corp. a little sooner than she expected. The place is pretty crowded. Not only are Trunks, Vegeta and Krillin already there; Chi Chi, master Roshi, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Puar and Oolong all have found their way here as well.

"Hi." she states quietly as Trunks meets her outside. To her relief, he looks perfectly okay.

"Hey." he smiles sheepishly before looking down saddened. "I'm sorry." he tells her, making her tilt her head in surprise. "I'm sorry I didn't beat him." he apologizes, clenching his fists in anger.

He takes a sharp intake of breath when he feels her arms wrap around his torso, letting her bury her face in his shoulder.

"I don't care. I'm just happy that you're okay." she breathes, holding on to him tightly. He releases a sigh and wraps his arms around her frame in return, letting his cheek rest on the top of her head.

He looks her in the eye as she pulls back after a moment, her hands resting on his chest. "There will be another chance, but this time I'm going to stay by your side. All the way." she tells him determinately.

"What do you plan to do?" he asks after a moment of gazing at her in wonder.

She smiles at him knowingly. "You'll see. And after that... We'll either live together...or we die together."

Trunks swallows heavily, his heart thumping hard at the statement. A part of him is scared, but a different part can't help but admire Julliet even more than he already does. She has always shown him how passionate she can be. It's one of the things that draws him to her the most.

He reaches out, tucking her dark tresses behind her ear to reveal her flawless skin to him further. He finds himself leaning into her tentatively, drawn in by her ocean blue eyes.

Julliet pivots to her toes, rising up to meet him halfway, letting their lips enclose each other. A feeling of completion rises up in them both as they finally dare to openly show what they feel for each other after holding back for so long.

"Will you guys stop staring and just leave the two of them be?!" they hear Chi Chi yell suddenly. They look up just in time to see her dragging Krillin and Yamcha off and back into the house.

Master Roshi chuckles, his cheeks reddened as he watches the scene. "I'm proud of you kid!" he gives Trunks the thumbs up, making Trunks blanch in embarrassment.

"You too old man! In the house!" they hear Chi Chi screech, frightening the old master into retreat.

Julliet blinks after them before looking over as movement further off catches her attention. Her eyes lock with Vegeta's who has his arms crossed. He looks remarkably ambivalent. "Hn." he scoffs before trudging off.

Trunks and Julliet look at each other bewilderedbefore they can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.