Part 23

"Hold on!" Trunks calls out over the rushing wind, taking Julliet's hand before speeding up more. She's amazed at how much faster he's become. She wouldn't keep up if he wasn't holding on to her.

"What was it like, inside the chamber?" Julliet asks, curious to know and since they have some time, why not ask?

"It was really weird. There is a space that provides the bare necessities, but beyond that, there is...nothing. Absolute emptiness. To be honest, it scared me at first." he explains. She tries to imagine what that must look like, but thinks it's hard to do so.

"So, you want to tell me what you've been up to while I was training?" he asks as a follow up, giving her a sideways glance. She looks reluctant at first; unsure of how he will react. Finally she decides to tell him, because she will have to eventually.

"I was on my way to Kami's place when I found myself in a familiar area. I realized that the lab where I was created must be close by and decided to go check it out. I found it pretty easily and it was accessible, so making up my mind, I decided to head in. It was something that needed to be dealt with sooner or later anyway." she starts to explain, seeing the look on Trunks' face. He obviously preferred her not to go alone.

"Anyway, I found my version of this timeline and figured I needed to test the waters so to speak. I needed to figure out what drove this version me. So I activated her...." she continues, pausing a little at the strange sensation of talking about herself in a different perspective.

"She couldn't identify me as I asked her the questions that would lead to telling me what made her tick. The conclusion turned out to be pretty obvious; Nothing good would come from setting her loose upon the world. She was a complete android, corrupted by Dr. Gero all the way through. It was disturbing to say the least. It left me with one option only..." she finishes, leaving the rest for him to fill in the blanks.

Trunks' eyes are wide at the realization. "Oh man..." he breathes, letting it sink in. "I'm so sorry you had to do that. That's horrible." he states, rather horrified at the idea. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asks worriedly after a moment.

Julliet nods after a moment. "Goku found me and brought me up to Kami's. I had some time to reflect after that on who I want to be. That's when I decided I was done hiding what I am. Also, I would prefer it to not be called in the same line as the other androids anymore, I'm a person of my own. From now on out, my name will be 'Julliet'." she reveals, making him look at her in wonder for a moment.

Before he can comment, they sense Cell. He's not exactly trying to hide as he seeks out 18. Soon after they feel Vegeta powering up, eager to get to Cell quickly. Trunks follows suit. "Come on. We can't give Cell the chance to hide again." he urges, speeding up even more after pulling Julliet close, wrapping one arm around her waist.

"There they are!" Julliet calls out, spotting the two figures on a tiny island in the middle of a vast ocean that she was sure held an archipelago of islands before. All but one is gone it seems and she's sure Cell is behind it. He must be searching for 18, so she must be close by.

They land behind Vegeta who is facing Cell, looking pretty confident as he does so. Cell is surprised to see them at first. "I hope this isn't a private party." Trunks comments, seeing the look on Cell's face. Julliet isn't sure about this new form of his. It might be even uglier than the last.

"Is that you Trunks?" Cell wonders, noticing the changes. "And none other than android 21. Ah, splendid. Will your other friends be joining us?" he questions.

"There will be no more interruptions. They are only here to watch the fight, I don't need reinforcements." Vegeta tells him.

"Just you? Now that won't be much of a challenge." Cell comments, looking disappointed.