Part 30

The Earth's military forces consist of idiots, Julliet decided. They tried to fight against Cell, only to get wiped out. They were completely annihilated; a waste of human lives. What were they thinking?

And just to prove how stupid people can be sometimes, they decided to have this guy, Mr. Satan enter in the tournament against Cell as well. He doesn't even have an energy signature!

One good thing that happened in the last few days is that Goku got a young Namekian boy to come to Earth so the Dragon balls can be restored to their former glory. At least that way, should they win against Cell, they can restore things to back how they were. All those people Cell killed will be brought back to life again.

Julliet sighs. The days pass slowly. She learned Trunks went in the hyperbolic time chamber on his own this time. She found out when Vegeta returned the day before. She hopes he's doing okay. A year spend in solitude is crazy.

She walks back to capsule corporation in a leisure pace, groceries in her arms. It was impossible to find a shop still open and selling anything. She detoured by some farms outside the city and managed to at least gather a proper dinner.

She halts as her attention is caught by loud cries and watches as a mother drags her two children along the road. "I'm sorry kids. It's closed." the woman tells them sadly.

Julliet jogs up to them, curious. "What's wrong?" she asks the mother as the two little kids keep on crying. They look to be twin girls.

The mother smiles at Julliet sadly. "It's their birthday. We go get ice-cream for their birthday each year. It's a special treat you see. We don't have much. But... every shop is either closed or out. And..." she continues, her voice turning to a whisper, her eyes watering. "It's probably the last birthday we get to celebrate." she sniffles, making Julliet look at them in pity.

Suddenly an idea springs to mind and Julliet's face lights up. "I have an idea! Please, wait here for a bit, I'll be back in a few minutes. I promise I won't disappoint." she nods, setting her groceries down by the confused looking woman before blasting off, effectively silencing the two girls who look after her in wonder.

When Julliet returns, she happily presents two full cones of shaved ice with melon-flavored syrup. She hands them over to the two little girls who smile brightly at the sight. "Eat up quick, or it'll melt." she urges.

"Thank you lady!" she laughs in unison before digging in on their treat. Julliet smiles down at them, happy she could help. She won't tell them she flew across half the world for them.

"Oh thank you." their mother exclaims, pulling Julliet into a hug, startling her. "You made our day." she sniffles in happiness.

"No problem ma'am. I was happy to do it." Julliet assures her. "Besides, can't break tradition. And don't worry, next year you will get your follow up. Cell will be beaten. Have hope." she tells the woman, who steps back looking a little confused before smiling.

"Maybe your right. Thank you." the woman nods.

Julliet gives them a final smile before picking her groceries back up and resuming her way to Bulma's, whistling a happy tune as she does.

She's almost there when the sound of shooting reaches her ears. "Looks like it'll be an eventful day." she mutters to herself before sauntering over toward a mugging that's taking place. Sadly the scum of the earth is still very active despite the threat of doom. Even more so it seems.

"Excuse you." she tells the man who runs into her, her expression annoyed. She glares down at the gun in his hand and the sack of money in the other. He has two accomplices with him.