Part 40: epilogue

Trunks jumps out of the time machine before helping down Julliet with a wide smile. He is excited to be back and can't wait to tell everyone everything about the developments in last two years. They thought it would be a good idea to go back and check in with everyone.

Bulma looks up when the duo rounds the corner and into her line of sight. After registering who she is looking at, her face stretches into a big grin. "Trunks! Julliet!" she calls happily, scooping up a surprised toddler from the ground.

The small Trunks' first reaction is to pout as his mother hauls him away from the sandbox, but he can't help but smile at seeing his mother so excited at the appearance of two vaguely familiar people.

Bulma crushes them into a hug. "I'm so happy to see you two again!" she squeals excitedly. "I'm guessing that means all went well in your time?" she questions.

Trunks nods. "Yeah. And we'll tell you all about it, but let's put it off until everyone is here. Saves us repeating the story." he suggests.

Bulma nods in agreement. "I'll get right to calling. You two go on ahead, Vegeta is out back." she tells them before rushing inside.

Trunks looks slightly nervous at the mention of his father, but Julliet takes his hand, dragging him with her to find the Saiyan Prince. Of course he can be found in the gravitation room.

"Hey Vegeta!" Julliet calls out from the doorway, surprising the man.

He walks over, slinging a towel over his shoulder. "So you two have returned." he states, noticing them to be looking in good health. He nods pleased.

"Don't worry Vegeta, we missed you too." Julliet teases, making Trunks glance at her worriedly.

"Shut up woman. Still as annoying as ever." he mutters, walking passed them, no doubt going for a shower. "Good to see you." he tells them so quietly, they almost didn't catch it.

"Gosh." Trunks breathes, amazed. Julliet chuckles amusedly.

"He's getting there." she tells him, referring to Vegeta's breaking cold exterior.

It is not long before the gang is back together, minus Goku of course. Trunks' grandmother whipped up some delicious food for everyone so they could all stay for dinner.

"So tell us! What happened after you left for home." Krillin urges from his seat beside 18. It is still a shock they are slowly getting used to, especially after Trunks and Julliet found out the two are dating.

"Well, we beat the androids of our time..." Trunks starts, glancing over at 18 to see her looking unoffended. He sighs in relief. "Next we sought out Cell and destroyed him too. After that, we couldn't really sit still because let's face it, the world was a mess. But it's slowly getting back up on its feet." he explains, finishing with a smile.

"That's great Trunks!" Gohan exclaims, happy to hear the good news.

"And what about you guys? How have you been faring huh?" Yamcha asks curiously.

Trunks glances at the woman next to him, blushing. "We- We've been doing fine." he stutters, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Julliet elbows him. "What do you mean 'fine'? You don't have to be shy now." she teases.

"Oh~. Tell us!" Krillin urges, laughing when Trunks turns even redder.

Trunks shyly rubs the bridge of his nose, a small smile playing on his lips. "The floor is yours Jules." he tells Julliet. Gohan grins at the new nickname.

"Ah- well..." she starts uncertainly, rubbing the back of her head. "We'd like to do something, but since my dad isn't around for him to ask like he wanted to, I thought it would be a nice gesture to ask his dad." she explains vaguely, making Vegeta raise a brow.