Part 28

Bulma waltzes into Capsule corp., sweeping everyone aside in her mad search for Trunks, including Vegeta. She nearly cries when she spots him. Looks like she's been really worried.

"Oh good. You're okay right? Piccolo said you might be hurt after your fight with Cell. You are feeling okay aren't you? You look great." she states after looking him over from head to toe, leaving Trunks feeling completely awkward.

"I-I'm fine." he stammers in reply at all the attention.

"Well that's good. We were all really worried about you." Bulma tells him gently.

"I'm sorry about that." he apologizes before looking down at the baby version of himself in Bulma's arms with a smile.

Baby Trunks seizes the opportunity to snatch Trunks by his locks, pulling on them tightly. "Hey, let go!" Trunks shouts, startled by the baby's strength as he winces in pain.

Baby Trunks just babbles on happily, making Trunks start laughing. Julliet smiles as the scene. It's nice to see him laugh again. He's been so serious lately.

After having untangled himself from the baby he joins Bulma and his grandfather to see if he can help fixing 16 or get started on sorting through the things that they need for Julliet. He knows her best after all.

Julliet is left to babysit and hurries outside to watch the guys train when Master Roshi hogs the TV set to watch girls doing aerobics.

"Hey, maybe we can have Julliet as a practice partner. I bet I can take her." Yamcha pipes up, making Krillin laugh.

"Yeah. If you want her to mow the lawn with your face." he chuckles.

Julliet laughs with him. "I wouldn't do that to a friend. I'd just have them trim the edges a bit."

"That sound like a challenge if I ever heard one." Yamcha smirks. "Come at me Julliet." he dares.

She sighs, but can't resist the challenge. Looking around hurriedly, she darts over to Vegeta, pushing baby Trunks in his hands, effectively startling the man.

"What do you think you're doing?! Take him off of me!" he shouts, holding the boy awkwardly under his armpits. He looks like he never held his son before, and Julliet wouldn't be surprised if that is a fact.

"Can't very well bring him into the fight, now can I?" she counters unimpressed with his glare. "I'll be done in a minute. Or are you saying you aren't man enough to hold your son for a moment?" she dares him.

She can see his veins clench in his forehead as he seethes at her. "Of course I am!" he counters before looking down at his baby boy awkwardly. Baby Trunks looks back at him over his shoulder, matching his father's expression. It's rather a sight.

"Good. Be right back." Julliet smiles after deciding the baby will be okay for now before darting over to where Yamcha and Krillin are excitedly. It takes them a moment to snap out of their stupor, disbelief in their faces at the interaction that just occurred.

"Right. Let's go." Yamcha states, getting down in a fighting pose. Krillin steps aside, looking smug.

"Oh, you are so going to regret this later." he muses with a smirk plastered on his face.

Julliet stands there silently, watching Yamcha rush towards her before sidestepping at the last moment, making him stumble. He quickly recovers before throwing his fists at her again, but each time she just dodges.

"Hold still will you!" he shouts at her, getting frustrated.

"Okay." she simply muses before catching his next swing. She then raises her knee before letting her foot hit his side. She lets his hand go so he goes skidding across the lawn.