Part 27

"So we have ten days." Julliet repeats after Trunks told her the whole story.

"Yeah. He said he would let us know where in time." Trunks nods as they sit with the others in the living room, waiting.

Julliet was surprised to find out that android 16 was here as well, currently being worked on by Trunks' granddad. Krillin took pity on the guy and found him trustworthy enough to seek help for the large android. He is sure they can count on his help.

"Now we all just need to get as strong as we can get before it's time to face him. I'll be getting back into the hyperbolic time-chamber as soon as Goku and Gohan are finished with it. And I won't be making the same mistake as last time." Trunks states determinately.

Julliet nods silently, only muttering a small thanks to his grandmother as she pours her some tea. She distantly hears Master Roshi's retellings of past tournaments and Chi Chi's disdain about letting Gohan enter. The woman appears to be a tad bit neurotic about having the young Saiyan study instead of fight.

Eventually they all disperse to do their own thing before retiring for the night. It's a short night in which Julliet wanders around the premises silently.

The next morning as Trunks goes to shower, Julliet finds herself following Dr. Briefs and android 16 around as the man still tries to figure out how to fix the android properly. She looks on from a distance as he has the android scanned.

"Now let's see what we've got here." Dr. Briefs muses as he runs over 16's plans while he waits for the scan to finish. There is an unlit cigarette hanging from his lips and their house cat hangs over his shoulder, blinking boredly.

"Interesting; A most unusual type... I wonder what this device does...? I can't make sense of these plans!" he says, growing a little frustrated, before making a realization. "Oh, they are upside down." he mutters, turning the papers around.

"This is strange. Based on what I can gather from these plans, I'd say your device is completely different from the other androids." he tells 16 with interest lacing his voice.

"Diagnostic complete. Terminating program." a robotic voice states before 16 is released from the pod.

"I was designed to be a perfect machine." 16 states emotionlessly to the doctor's musings.

"Yes I know. That means these plans are useless." Dr. Briefs sighs, dropping the papers from his hands.

"So, can you fix me?" 16 asks.

"I don't know if I can, but just wait till Bulma gets back. She knows a great deal more about you than I do." Dr. Briefs explains.

16 hums in thought before taking notice of the doctor's pet. It meows at him as the androids reaches out his large hand, gladly trading in the doctor's shoulder for the android's. This makes 16 seem happy somehow.

Julliet looks on in surprise. "You are so weird." she mutters while crossing her arms, catching 16's attention.

He smiles slightly. "You remind me of 18." he states, making her eye twitch.

"Please don't say that. If you knew the 18 from my time, the one who's been after mine and Trunks' life for years, you wouldn't say that so lightly." she tells him, visibly upset.

"I'm sorry." he states, sounding genuine as he bows his head.

Julliet shakes her head. "Never mind." she breathes. Somehow she can't stay mad at the guy. He appears so innocent.

"Is there something I can help you with Julliet?" Dr. Briefs cuts in, knowing she must be there for a reason.

"Yeah, uh.." she stammers a little before producing the drive where she stored her information on, the data being on her body's construction, but also her mind. Her past is on there.

"I want to be a little bit better equipped for when we face Cell. I was hoping you and Bulma could help me out. I know for a fact that there are still enhancements possible." she explains as the doctor takes the drive from her hands.

He nods in understanding. "I'll take a look at it with Bulma and we'll see what we can do in the amount of time we have." he tells her.

Julliet nods in gratitude. "Anything that helps. I- I don't want to end up being a burden." she confesses.

Dr. Briefs nods. "Don't worry about that now sweetheart." he states, before sliding his eyes between the two androids. "Now you two relax a little. You've been strung up high for days. Even androids need a break from the chaos once in a while I bet." he tells them before turning to his computer and inserting the drive in a slot.

Reluctantly, Julliet swivels on her feet before slowly sauntering out of the lab, taking a detour through the large dome filled with plants and animals. She ignored the large dinosaur that blinks at her curiously.

Halfway through, she realizes 16 is following behind her. The black cat still sits on his shoulder comfortably as she stops to look back at him.

He too halts his pace as she takes her time eying him. "I suppose... You're not that bad 16." she tells him after a moment of silence.

"Thank you." he nods, his slightly mechanical voice ringing through the dome. "I understand it must not be easy for you, to accept the presence of another android."

"No." she blatantly confesses. "But I think you proved yourself. And besides, we need all the help we can get against Cell."

He nods in understanding before they start to walk again.

"Do you hate being an android?" he asks as they trek their way through the dome.

"I don't like it. Honestly, I hope one day that I don't have to stay one. I've gathered a decent amount of data on myself. I hope that in time, the process will be reversed as much as is possible. I was born a human and I wish to die as one if possible." she states.

"I hope you will achieve your goal, but if you shouldn't, you'll end up to be happy either way." 16 states, making her blink up at him, mouth slightly agape.

"Thank you 16." she says, smiling a little.

16 stays to dwell in the dome and Julliet returns to the house, crashing down next to Trunks who lies on his stomach, watching TV with some of the others. He's now dressed in comfortable looking sweats.

"Anything yet?" she asks.

"No. It's been quiet so far." he tells her.

She smiles a little crookedly, before reaching out and playfully tugging at his long locks. "I'm still getting used to that." she tells him, making him look up at her curiously. "You're still handsome though." she whispers so only he can hear, making him blush.

She sprawls herself out on her back, watching the TV upside down and zoning out a little.

Yamcha and Krillin head out to train, claiming to look forwards to the tournament if Cell has to stick to the rules.

"What rules?" she can't help but ask after they left.

"Chi Chi brought up the notion that Cell will have to uphold the official rules of a tournament. Which means no killing." Trunks explains.

"Hm." Julliet muses. "That's awfully optimistic. You'll have to excuse me for being the pessimist here, but I think Cell makes up his own rules in the end. If we are defeated, we die either way." she states, making Trunks frown. He knows she's probably right.

"At least someone has their head on straight." they hear Vegeta scoff from his place by the wall to the side of them.

Julliet can't resist smirking back at him. "Aw. I'd knew we'd see eye to eye one day Vegeta." she coos, making him tense.

"Keep dreaming girl!" he spits out, before opting to ignore her presence altogether.

Trunks drops his forehead to the floor loudly, exasperated at their banter. What is a guy like him to do with the two of them?