Part 29

People are fleeing. They are running as far away from the location of the tournament as possible, but the fighters know there is no point if Cell wins. Nevertheless. It's like an exodus out there, or so Julliet heard.

Julliet herself lies on the table in Dr. Brief's lab on her side as he and Bulma both tinker on her body. She tries to distract herself by absorbing the information stored on the drive about her past. She asked them to download the information into her brain, so she will have something to mull over as they work.

Some things she already knew, like her basic information. But it seems like the doctor had his eye on her longer than she originally thought. She became a subject of interest after she started looking for a job on the side while still in school, apparently.

She doesn't remember how he came across her, but according to the information, that was the moment. Soon after, it seems he tricked her into meeting him because he would set her up with something, but it turned out to be a trap.

That was when she was kidnapped and never returned to her family. Her Father, her mother, her older sister and her little brother never saw her again.

She hardly remembers them either. She knows what they look like and she supposes she holds a love for them, but rather one that came with the knowledge that they are her family, or rather were. She doesn't really know them anymore like she is supposed to.

She can look up their information all she wants, but she's afraid the past that she has experienced with these people will never return. That brings up a new question; should she go ahead and create new memories with them? Is that even possible?

It is very likely that they haven't survived in her own time. Here, they could still be alive, but...she's not their Julliet. She killed theirs with her bare hands. She wouldn't be able to face them and pretend. No, that's just not possible. Seems she's out of options. She sighs to herself in dismay.

"You okay there Julliet?" Bulma asks her, peeking over her shoulder as she checks on the young women.

Julliet smiles slightly at the woman. "Yeah, I'm okay." she tells her, receiving a smile in return. Julliet realizes then, that despite probably not seeing her own family anymore, she has found a new one years ago, and it only seems to grow, even though they will be parting ways probably sooner than later.

"Hang in there sweetie." Bulma tells her. "You're being very brave to do this." she compliments as she turns back to her work. It's amazing how accepting Bulma was of her after finding out about what she is, but that is just how Bulma is.

"I don't think it has anything to do with bravery." Julliet starts. "I just... I don't want to lose Trunks." she confesses, unknowingly making Bulma smile brightly while her dad suppresses a chuckle.

Bulma is not sure how the future will work out for her future son and his android girlfriend, but whatever happens, she hopes they get the chance to be happy together. They are just right for each other.

"Tell me." Bulma starts, changing the subject. "Is my future self as brilliant as I am?" she asks cheekily, looking to toot her own horn.

Julliet can't help but laugh. "Oh yeah. Our Bulma can work miracles with the few supplies we have." she informs her.

"Told you dad." Bulma cackles with glee. "I'm awesome."

"Yes, yes." her father sighs with an amused smile. "But you should keep your eyes on your work before you short circuit the poor girl." he warns as Julliet jolts as a spark of electricity runs through her body.

"Oops! Sorry about that." Bulma apologizes. Julliet keeps quiet, feeling a tad bit nervous now. Hopefully they'll be done soon.

Sadly, despite the clear information she made available to the duo of inventors, they spend many hours on her before they finished.

"How do you feel kid?" Dr. Brief asks her as she slides to the floor, her feet touching down on the cold tiles.

Julliet looks down at her hands, clenching and unclenching them. "To be honest, not very different." she admits. "But I suppose there is only one way to find out." she mutters. "I'll be right back." she nods at the two, quickly pulling on the rest of her clothing and shoes before rushing out of the lab.

She dodges Bulma's grandmother as she rushes out the door, only to nearly crash into a tall Saiyan. "Wha-? Goku?" she breathes before looking over and seeing Gohan standing next to him, looking to have grown a bit since last time she saw him. Both are in Super Saiyan form.

"Hiya Julliet. How've you been?" Goku waves cheerfully, making her blink. He's always such a ball of sunshine isn't he?

"So you two finally emerged huh? Did you manage to catch up on things?" she asks.

"Yeah. Trunks told us everything." Gohan tells her.

"I see. Do you think you guys are ready to have a crack at Cell?" she questions, but to her surprise, Goku shrugs.

"Who knows? But right now, we're just gonna kick back a bit. We earned it." Goku laughs.

"Right." she breathes in disbelief. How can he say that so casually? He's not even sure he'll win?! What?!

"So what are you guys doing here?" Julliet asks them, only for her question to be answered when Chi Chi comes bounding out of the house.

"I'm ready to go home. Let's go." she urges impatiently.

"Okay honey." Goku smiles. "Hold on to me you two." Goku tells his wife and Gohan before using his instant transmission technique to take them both home. "Bye!" he and Gohan call before leaving Julliet on her own.

She shakes off Goku's weird behavior and flies off towards the mountains, ready to test her enhanced power.