Part 19

After Vegeta and Tien joined them, Piccolo explained all he knows about their new enemy called 'Cell' and how Gero collected the cells of them to create him, which resulted in the odd energy signature and the use of attacks that they know of.

"We have two choices: We can either track down and destroy Cell or find android 17 and 18, because if we destroy them, then Cell cannot absorb them and reach his final form. I say we go for Cell since he'll be easier to find." Piccolo suggests. "Whatever we do, we must do it quickly, because there will be no stopping Cell once he's complete." he warns.

"How do we find him now? I mean, if Cell knows Piccolo is strong enough to beat him before he becomes complete, he'll probably try to keep his energy concealed from us." Trunks says.

"Well, we'd better figure something out before he finds those androids, or we're going to be in big trouble." Tien urges.

"And not just us Tien. This monster is a danger to every planet in the universe. Remember, Frieza and Frieza's father are both apart of Cell now." Piccolo reminds them.

"Big deal!" Vegeta huffs. "I say let him become complete. If Cell destroys the androids, it'll safe me a lot of trouble. And fighting one battle is much more simpler than fighting four. I don't care how powerful he becomes, I'll still beat him." he says with conviction. 21 can't help but stare at him dully. He never seems to learn.

"Hold on Vegeta." Piccolo intervenes. "The androids alone were more than we could handle. If Cell absorbs their power, he'll be stronger than all of them combined." But his reasoning seems to only irk Vegeta.

"Do not question my ability Namek! Not unless you want to find out how powerful I really am!" he threatens. "And you stop looking at me like that!" he rounds on 21, who raises an indignant brow. "If you want to have another go, I dare you!"

"Thought so." he smirks as she looks away. In truth she's itching to show him, but for Trunks' sake, who looks very exasperated, she refrains herself from doing a repeat of the last time. It must feel pretty awful to watch your father carry a death wish around, all in favor of his pride. She really hopes he won't get himself killed. It would destroy Trunks.

"I do not fear this new challenge. Rather, like a true warrior, I will rise to meet it." Vegeta says determinately, having made up his mind despite everyone else being against it. "Yes, I am a Super Saiyan, but I will ascend." he states, surprising the others. They never heard of that being possible. And with that, Vegeta leaves them, saying he will be back once they failed.

Trunks lets out a deep breath. "Thanks for not taking him up on his challenge." he thanks 21.

"No problem. It obviously didn't work the first time anyway." she sighs, making him shake his head.

"Hey Trunks!" Krillin calls. "Explain this to me again: Tell me what would happen if we went back in time and destroy the androids before they woke up?" he wonders, not quite remembering the discussion they had earlier in the craft to Master Roshi's on the matter, where Trunks and Gohan broke their heads over this.

"Well, it might help the future of that world, but it wouldn't change anything of what happened here." Trunks refreshes his memory.

"So if that's how this time travel stuff works, then it wouldn't do us any good to destroy the unfinished Cell in Gero's lab. Right? It wouldn't affect the Cell from the future though, would it?" Krillin asks.

"Right. Not the Cell from our world." Trunks agrees.

"I keep on putting things on my to do list for when we get back." 21 mutters to herself.