Part 33

The tension is running high as Goku and Cell face each other. They all waited a long time for this moment, Cell longest of all. Who will make the first move?

To everyone's surprise, Mr. Satan comes scampering back to the ring, bleeding, but still acting to keep up a front, saying he will own Cell after he takes a break.

Vegeta looks at him like he's just seen the most disturbing thing ever, like rainbows popping out of Hercule's ass. "That ridiculous man hasn't realized his weakness. His stupidity is beyond believe." he mutters as he watches the human boast in front of the camera and his pupils.

Meanwhile, Goku and Cell have yet to start fighting. They are growing a bit anxious as they wait for them to finish sizing each other up. But Goku seems pretty relaxed still.

"It would almost appear as if he's enjoying the moment." Piccolo comments, smirking.

"With all this control of his Super Saiyan form, he is by far the best chance this planet has." Trunks states with conviction, not noticing his father glance at him with something that closely resembles jealousy before his eyes stray to the unaware Gohan in question.

Suddenly and without warning, Goku rushes forward and fists and legs start flying. But neither he nor Cell seems to really be trying. It looks they are still testing each other.

Goku jumps back, pausing the fight. "Their strength look to be equal." 16 notes.

After a moment, Cell breaks the standoff. They have another go at each other, but with the same results as before. Goku smirks in satisfaction after they break apart again before rushing in this time.

Goku finally seems to catch Cell off guard and Cell goes flying out of the ring. Sadly he catches himself before touching the ground. "Sorry, but did you think you had defeated me?" he asks as he brings himself upright and returns to the confines of the ring.

"Heh, I won't fall for your pranks. I knew all along it wouldn't be that easy to take you out Cell." Goku replies calmly.

"Hn. I thought it would be appropriate to play a little joke since you aren't fighting me seriously." Cell scoffs.

"Hey, you're holding back as well." Goku accuses in return.

"Little by little I shall reveal to you, the power within me." Cell states, sinking into a fighting stance.

Goku copies his movements. "Bring it on."

Finally the real fighting starts. They move so quickly through the air that they are invisible to any ordinary human's eye. Even some of the group of fighters is having trouble watching them.

They return to the ring and Cell somehow seems to be dominating as he punches at Goku's guarded figure, letting him slip closer and closer to the edge of the ring.

"It looks like Cell's in control." Trunks points out, frowning in confusion. It was not what he expected.

"But how come?" Gohan pipes up. "How come dad isn't taking this seriously?" he wonders, surprising the others. They hadn't figured out that Goku is slacking.

Suddenly Goku vanishes to behind Cell before he loses his footing. "Oh, you're good." Cell remarks as Goku smirks once more before they go at it again.

"I see what you mean now Gohan." Julliet says quietly. The two of them are still only playing around with each other.

However, Cell gets annoyed with Goku as the man trick him by throwing a weak Kamehameha blast and appearing to hit Cell from behind after the creature smacked it away. It costs him a few hits.