Part 38

The group soon reaches the outlook and Dende, the small Namekian child puts his healing powers to good use.

First he heals Gohan before turning to 18 who jumps up soon after, shocked. "Dende, get away from her! She'll punch a whole right through you!" Yamcha yells from a distance, making Krillin roll his eyes.

"Nobody is going to punch anybody." he scowls as 18 eyes them warily. "Hey, we can put the past behind us can't we?" he asks 18. "Now that Gohan's beat Cell, we can all be friends." he says hopefully.

"Gohan did?" 18 asks in wonder.

"You bet he did! Gohan is incredibly strong, so you can forget punching holes in anyone!" Yamcha threatens.

Tien sighs at his friend. "Er, why don't you come a little closer?"

Piccolo decides to cut in, "You should thank Krillin. He's stayed by your side the whole time after Cell spat you out." he reveals, making the woman look to Krillin in awe as said man starts to stammer.

Suddenly something starts to click in Gohan's mind. "I've got it! Krillin, you've got a crush on android 18 haven't you?!" he calls, embarrassing his friend. Krillin quickly smacks him over the head.

Yamcha's jaw drops to the ground. "You know she's an android right?" Tien remind him, stumped.

18 only glares at them. "Expect to fall at your feet now? Big strong boy rescues me, so I'm his forever right?" she scoffs. "I'm not that easy. I was wrong about you Krillin." she says.

"Trunks!" a voice calls out, interrupting them.

They look over to see that Dende has just finished healing Trunks and Julliet has pounced on him, catching him off guard and making them crash to the floor with their lips planted together tightly.

Krillin looks back towards 18 to find her gone all of a sudden, making his heart drop. He sighs before putting on a smile and hurrying over towards his two friends from the future. He can't help but laugh as Trunks struggles to sit up, his face as red as a tomato.

"Julliet! Your arm!" Trunks exclaims when they finally part, noticing the damage done to his girlfriend.

"Er..." Dende stands there hesitantly.

Julliet looks at the boy, patting his green head. "Don't worry, some things you just can't heal. What I need is a mechanic." he assures him. "I hope Bulma is up for the job, because I'm wrecked." she sighs, though looking upbeat now that Trunks is back to his old self again.

Now that they are all fine, Mr. Popo sets up the Dragon balls and Dende manages to summon it quite easily. It seems he will turn out to be a good guardian for the Earth.

The dragon is huge. Its long body is wrapped around the lookout as it tells them that they have two wishes for him to grant.

First, they wish back all those who died because of Cell. Goku doesn't return, because he was wished back from the dead before. They try to wish him back with the second one, because that is still an option, to spend one whole wish on his return, but that is when Goku puts a stop to things.

He talks to them with the help of King Kai, telling them not to waste the wish on him. He believes it's best not to return, because he so often turns out to be a target. With him gone, he believes the Earth to be safer.

Although reluctant, they say they final goodbyes to the man who has stood by them for so long.

"You know. Even though he was saying goodbye, it didn't make me too sad because he was so cheery about it." Krillin says, remembering Goku's words of having a new adventure.

"Ahem. Excuse me." the dragon starts awkwardly as they all were silent for a while. That's right! Now they still have one wish. So what to do with it?

It takes a moment for anyone to think of something, besides Yamcha's silly suggestion of wishing for money. Krillin is the one who makes the call, stepping up to the plate; "I wish for you to make the androids; 17, 18 and Julliet into human beings, so that they can live their lives in peace." he tells the dragon.

Julliet gapes at him, tightening her hold on Trunks' hand who stands beside her. Did he just really wish that? She looks up at the dragon in hope.

Her hope is smashed however when the dragon speaks up; "That wish, can not be granted now. It is beyond my power to do so."

Trunks wraps his arms around Julliet in comfort as soon as he hears the words, knowing they are coming down hard on her.

Krillin sighs in dismay. "Sorry guys, I had to try."

Piccolo and Yamcha urge him to give something else a shot and this time, Krillin wishes for the explosives to be removed from them. This time, the dragon agrees to do so.

Julliet feels something tingle within her body. So she had one after all. Wow. She dodged a bullet there. They don't notice 18 hiding behind a pillar, looking herself over curiously.

Now finished with giving out wishes, the dragon disappears and the Dragon balls scatter.

Krillin turns to look at Julliet. "Hey, you okay?" he asks, knowing she must be disappointed his first wish didn't work out.

She nods, putting a smile on her face. "Yeah. Thanks Krillin. It was nice of you to try." she tells him honestly. She's sure she'll get over it again in time.

"Yeah, thanks a lot Krillin." Trunks agrees. "But why help those other two?" he wonders, having missed out earlier on the topic.

Krillin looks down shyly. "Well, I guess, I guess it's that...I guess it's that I like that girl guys." he finally confesses. "Dr. Gero is the one who made her into an android. She hasn't done anything wrong." he tells them.

"Hey, you like the girl right, so what's up? Why did you want to wish that guy back too?" Tien wonders, catching Krillin off guard.

"Well I know it's strange, but I want her to be truly happy. And... those two make such a good couple that I thought she's be happier with him." he confesses.

Julliet smiles at him before shaking her head. But before she can open her mouth, 18 jumps out of her hiding place, surprising them. She glares at Krillin harshly, making him quiver. "Hey bonehead! 17 is my twin brother!" she shouts.

"Oh man." Krillin groans.

"No, this is great! Didn't you hear? He's her twin brother!" Yamcha cheers on Krillin's behalf.

"I wouldn't celebrate if I were you. If you think you won my heart because of that lousy wish, you are mistaken! I didn't ask for your help!" she yells at poor Krillin before finally relenting on her harsh stance. "But it was really nice of you."

"It was? You mean, you're not really mad at me?" he questions.

18 shrugs, having turned away from them. "Not really, no."

"Well, would you like to come over and join us?" Krillin asks without missing a beat.

"No thanks." she answers calmly before running off and flying down from the lookout.

Although Krillin is a bit bummed out, he is quickly cheered up as Yamcha assures him he has a chance, offering all kinds of advice.

After talking a little bit more, they all part ways, wanting to go home. They promise to meet up one more time in a few days for a proper celebration and to see Julliet and Trunks off, but right now they're tired.

Julliet and Trunks head over to Capsule corp., to spend their time there and to fix hopefully fix Julliet back up as well.

Soon enough they will be really going home and face their terrors there, though this time without fear.

I decided that Trunks didn't needed to be wished back by the dragon after all. I mean, he turns out not to be dead, and when they are at the lookout he is? I mean, you can only give the middle finger to continuity for so long guys. Dragon ball Z is full of faults if you really pay attention.

Anyway, the end is also drawing near for this story. I put up the last parts on FF.net yesterday and so I'm throwing it all on here as well. That's why I'm updating like crazy right now.