12

Time is defined as the indefinite continued progress of existence, and events that occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, and to the future.

Some may say that time is an illusion, and others may say that it's the one thing that matters most. Gunna on the other, didn't know how to define it.

He'd be the first to admit that time was once vital to him, but as he sat in front of Briana contemplating the correct words to use to let her know that her time was up, Gunna was at a loss.

How do you come to someone and tell them that the years they'd put in meant nothing compared to the few months spent with someone else?

Tears, Effort, and Time... All washed down the drain.

The truth of that matter was, time meant nothing.

It took no time for Gunna to feel things for Olivia that he'd never felt before. It was about the emotion, forget the time.

"I just wanted to be straight up with you," Gunna stated looking over at Bri. They were seated in her living room quietly. Gunna was thinking of the words to say, Briana hoping it was what she wanted to hear. "I know we've been back and forth for a minute now, and that's my fault. A nigga pop in and out whenever, but I came to let you know not to look forward to me showing up again."

The silence seemed so loud as  minutes, which felt more like hours passed. Briana stood looking at Gunna with a hurt expression before speaking.

"Seriously Gunna," she sneered, tears forming at the brim of her eyes. "So  basically I mean nothing to you? My time meant nothing?"

Gunna sighed heavily while gripping the back of his neck. He wanted to be delicate with Bri, but at the same time he needed her to understand.

"I'm not saying all that, but I didn't force you to stay around Bri. How many times have I told you that if you didn't want this how I was giving it, let me know and I'd step?"

"What does that even mean Gunna," Bri grimaced. "Do you hear your fucking self? You're so fucking selfish! You're really about to stand here in my face and act like you weren't the one who continuously led me on as if we could be something?! Just give me time Bri, all this shit is new to a nigga. And now I'm to blame?" She chuckled angrily, swiping away tears that wouldn't stop falling.

Bri couldn't believe this shit. Yeah the relationship between the two of them was dysfunctional to say the least, but Gunna wasn't about to sit and act like she was to blame for continuing to see him. He continued to show up. If he didn't want her, why play with her emotions like that?

Emotional manipulation was just as bad as him telling her that they were going to be together, knowing he had no intentions of ever getting serious. He left her thinking that, only to let her down in the end.

"No one's to blame. We tried some shit, and it didn't work. We're just not compatiable." Gunna shrugged. His nonchalant attitude was taking Bri from hurt to angry.

"Why?" Bri broke down crying. Her shoulders shook as the tears rapidly fell down her cheeks. "What did I do? I did everything you asked of me?"

"You didn't do shit wrong Bri. This all on me." Gunna hated to see the look in her eyes, but he refused to cower and not give her any eye contact. "Listen, you deserve so much better than what I have to offer you. One day you're gonna meet someone, and you'll laugh at the fact that you thought I was the one for you."

"Gunna I don't want anyone else," she wailed. "I thought we had already established that."

"Baby girl," Gunna sighed. "You don't have a choice. I don't want you."