16

Change can bring opportunities or a new perspective on life. Change of scenery was like a breath of fresh air for Briana as she cruised through downtown Atlanta with the biggest smile on her face.

When Angel suggested the move three months ago, Briana told her she was crazy. After a few visits and some important contacts later, she was sold, and Atlanta was by far the best decision she could have ever made.

After switching her classes to online and accepting a job as a market research analyst for one of the largest department stores in Atlanta, Bri was happy to be putting her degree to use as well as doing something she loved, shopping.

This was definitely her best move.

"Hello," Briana answered her phone while whipping in a parking spot outside of Lennox Square mall.

"What you doin? Cause I'm pretty sure I told you I wanted to hang out today." Angel's voice boomed through the car's bluetooth system.

Briana pressed the bluetooth button on her phone to disconnect it from the car and shut off her engine.

"I know, I didn't forget," Briana laughed lightly. Angel thought there would be less work and more partying involved when her little sister moved to her town, sadly Briana was all work and no play. "I'm stopping by bloomingdales real quick to see how they set up this merchandise display."

"Really Bri, on your day off?" Angel sucked her teeth.

"Yes. I'm new to the company and I don't need anything with my name attached to it jacked up. So, I'm just gonna check it out."

"Whatever," Angel sighed. "So my friend invited us to a party tonight, exclusive A-list type shit."

"I don't know about all that Angel. I'm jus-"

"Girl, you're going!" Angel cut her off with. "What's the point in putting in all this work if you're not gonna enjoy yourself?"

"I do enjoy myself," Bri defended. "Just because I'm not in the club every weekend does not mean I'm not having fun. I just happen to enjoy the simple things."

Briana frowned while exiting her car. She didn't need to be surrounded by a crowd of people to have a good time. In fact, she enjoyed her alone time more than anything.

"Mhm, I hear you. I'm pulling up to this studio so I'm gonna let you go. Call me as soon as you leave the mall so we can link."

"Bye Angel." Bri shook her head and ended the call.

She loved her sister, but Angel was a handful. She was starting to see exactly what her parents meant when they shared that they didn't want her to end up like Angel. Bri loved her sister though, and one night out wouldn't kill her.

***

"Bout time you got here, I thought I was gonna have to send out a search party." Angel joked, pulling Bri inside the building by her hand.

"Damn near! I hate the traffic out here. And why are we at a studio? Don't tell me you're trying to rap now." Bri joked. It was always something with Angel.

"Hell nah," Angel laughed. "I got a little boo or whatever. He's into this music shit so I'm here to support."

"Oh God," Bri drawled, causing Angel to stop walking and turn to face her.

"No ma'am, what we're not about to do is carry around that energy!" Angel rolled her eyes. "We're gonna go up here, mingle a little bit, then be out. It's a fairly easy task, get it together."