14

Someone once said that it takes double the amount of time that you have put in with someone to actually get over them. Briana prayed that was far from the truth. Today made day fifty-three since Gunna cut her off, but it still felt like day one. Everyday it got a little easier, but the pain didn't hurt any less. Truthfully, Briana felt like she was living on autopilot lately. She had no desire or will to do anything.

Briana groaned at the sound of her phone vibrating against her nightstand. She planned on laying in bed and doing absolutely nothing for the entire weekend. Whoever was blowing up her phone obviously didn't catch the hint that she didn't want to be bothered.

"Yeah?!" She yelled, answering the phone without looking at the contact.

"Yeah? How about answering the phone without me having to call fifty million times!"

Bri rolled her eyes and let out a low sigh, "Hi mommy," she groaned.

Aubrey Grant was a force to be reckoned with. Not only was she the only black woman at Goodman&Gilliam Accounting firm, she was also a partner.

Aubrey worked her ass off to get where she was and she instilled the same values she possessed into her daughters. Briana was getting there, but Angel was another story. Either way, Aubrey was proud of her babies and loved them dearly.

"Don't Hi mommy me! I'm out front, come open up." Aubrey mocked, ending the call.

Briana tossed her phone on the bed and screamed into her pillow. The last thing she needed was her mom prying in her business and giving her a lecture.

"Not today Lord, I cannot with her today." she mumbled while making her way to the door.

Briana pulled her door open and as always, her mom stood there looking like a million bucks.

"You look good, daddy better watch out." Bri joked, hugging her mom before allowing her inside.

Aubrey waved her off as she stepped inside. "You looked stressed, what's going on? And before you part your lips to tell a lie, I already spoke with Angel."

Briana smacked her lips and plopped down on her couch. It was just like Angel to out her just to keep from spilling her own tea.

"Nothing I can't handle, I'm just going through some things at the moment. How is Daddy? I planned on stopping by at some point this weekend." She replied, attempting to deflect.

"Your father is fine, and you'd know that if you stopped by more often. But that's not what I'm here for. I spoke to Mr. Wexler and he said you took a week off. What's that about?"

"I just needed some time to myself, no biggie. I'm just an intern anyway, it's not like they really need me."

Aubrey sighed taking a seat next to her daughter on the couch. She hated to see her baby down and out, but most of all she hated to see her jeopardizing her hard work behind some boy.

"Briana, you're a paid intern. That's a job honey. I spoke up for you to get that position, please don't make me look bad." Aubrey warned.

"I'm not... I just," Briana sighed, fighting back tears. She hated to be a disappointment, but she need time to get her personal life together.

Aubrey slid over and pulled her daughter into a hug.

"Baby you deserve so much better than some little boy who obviously couldn't see your worth. Look at this as a blessing in disguise. You have so much in store for you, and he was obviously a distraction. From what Angel told me, I can't fully blame him. One thing you young girls need to learn is to listen when a man tells you what he doesn't want. Nine times out of ten that won't change." She preached. Too many times Aubrey had seen young girls attempt to change a man's mind or how he viewed the relationship. It never worked in the woman's favor.