21

Gunna watched as Silas floated around club Lush smiling, shaking hands, and passing out roses to the women. He had finally purchased the club and tonight was the grand opening since the remodel and name change. Si had done a good job of transforming the place into a grown and sexy type lounge.

To keep things on the classy side like only he could, Si chose to make the grand opening a black tie affair.

Gunna of course chose to stay true to himself in a black button up, black jeans, and black Timberland boots.

"That man sure knows how to work a room," Laila stated walking up behind Gunna.

She looked stunning in a black and rhinestone evening gown. The sides were cut out showcasing her skin, and a long split went up one side stopping just before exposing her thigh.

Gunna smirked before turning to face her, "You're not jealous are you?" He asked playfully.

"Please," Lai waved him off. "Those days are long gone. Did he mention that thing to you?" She asked switching the subject to one that aggravated Gunna.

"Yeah, and I don't see the point in waiting."

"Of course not, but at some point you have to stop being such a hothead. It's always better to wait things out. Besides, the element of surprise is always better."

Silas extended invites to his entire camp, Black and Banks included. It burned Gunna up to have to look at Black and not be able to touch him. Silas made the call for them to wait, so that's what had to be done.

Unfortunately for Gunna, Karron and Caleb couldn't show face at this event to keep them from being tied to Silas. So instead of a being in good company, he stood around plotting on ways to kill Black and his crew.

Sighing lightly, Gunna replied, "I guess. So Karron and Caleb on babysitting duties?" He asked while watching the crowd.

"Wha-, oh no. He's with Liv."

Gunna's jaw clenched at the mention of Olivia's name. He hadn't spoken to her since Sherrod's birthday party, which was close to a month ago. She didn't reach out, and neither did he.

"She means well Don, she's just as stubborn as you are." Lai smiled, fixing the collar on his shirt.

"I'm cool on that," Gunna stated, dismissing the notion that he gave a fuck.

"I'm just saying, you don't get many chances to connect with someone-" Before Laila could finish her statement she was bumped roughly from behind.

Gunna would have been happy about the interruption had it not been a violation. His eyes almost went pitch black as they narrowed and he roughly snatched Poncho up by his collar.

Poncho was now Black's second in command.

"Nigga something wrong with ya muthafucking eyes?" Gunna spat, Venom lacing his tone. Poncho tried playing tough, but Gunna could smell his fear.

"My nigga I was just-"

"I don't give a fuck what you were doing! What you should have been doing was watching where the fuck you were going. Now, apologize."

Poncho didn't know Laila personally, but he would have had to been living under a rock to not know who she was.

"Gunna," Lai stated softly, attempting to calm him. She never used his government in the company of anyone outside their immediate circle.

"Muthafucka I don't hear you!" Gunna yanked him.

Poncho's blood boiled at the thought of Gunna punking him in a room full of people, and like the simple man he was, he let pride outweigh his intelligence.