36

Gunna sat out in the waiting room on pins and needles. His leg was bouncing at a fast pace as he waited on the Doctor's to give him an update on Olivia and his baby's condition.

Christian sat next to him mirroring his exact energy. The shaking of Gunna's leg was making her even more nervous.

Gunna glared at Christian when he felt her small hand grip his knee. His expression softened when he saw the worry in her eyes as well.

"Why would she grab me?" Gunna whispered faintly. He was trying his best to think positive, but he would never forgive himself if he had somehow caused harm to Olivia or their child.

Christian's head shook from left to right. She too was wondering the same thing.

"I don't think she was thinking. It was the heat of the moment," Chris shrugged.

"I didn't... I swear I didn't mean to hit her. I was just trying to shake her off of me."

"Gunna, accidents happen. Let's just pray that everything is fine with them both. That's about all we can do as of now. What you don't need is to start falling apart." Chris explained.

Regardless of the circumstances, Gunna needed to be strong for his family.

Olivia was scheduled for a vaginal birth but was now going through an emergency cesarean because the baby was in distress.

Gunna damn near lost it when he heard the words emergency surgery. Chris had to plead with security to not throw him out when he tried fighting with the doctor who told him he couldn't come to the back with Liv.

Gunna felt like shit missing the birth of his first child all because of his hot temper. Just thinking about it had him heated all over again and ready to finish Banks off.

"Why was she still communicating with him?" Gunna asked through clenched teeth.

Although Liv had given the rundown on Gunna's temper, this was Christian's first time seeing him in rare form and she had to admit that it was scary to witness him lose control as he had.

Chris shrugged. "That's just Liv. Her and that big heart. It was strictly platonic on her end," Christian noticed Gunna grinding his teeth and decided to do some damage control. "You have to really know Olivia to understand. No matter the situation or how wrong a person does her, she will still come through for them during their time of need. I guess Banks used the death of his mother to slither back in."

Gunna sucked his teeth and sighed heavily.

He could never understand because he never really had to deal with the loss of a loved one. He killed his own mother and didn't feel an ounce of remorse. So it was hard for him to understand such a feeling.

"That doesn't make it right. People die every day. How am I supposed to feel when I witness this nigga shopping for my baby and all lovey-dovey with my girl?"

"I'm not saying it's right at all. I told Liv she was dead wrong, but so were you. It's fucked up, yes. But you could have handled that better."

Gunna chuckled angrily. "So you wouldn't have reacted the same way if you were in my shoes?" He asked.

"I have been," Chris revealed. "Not the exact situation, but close enough. And sure, I wanted to lash out, fight, cry... All of that. But what would it change? It happened. I knew that I could choose to forgive and make things work, but just knowing that I could never forget prompted me to walk away. What you and Liv are going through is totally different from my situation though. That is actually your baby, my man got the other woman pregnant."