20

"Congrats sissy, I'm so proud of you." Liv beamed, toasting her wine glass up against Christian's.

Olivia was telling the truth. Christian had been dealing with a lot lately, but she somehow managed to keep it together and still come out on top.
Christy had thrown together a last minute celebratory dinner in honor of Chris's opportunity to create her own app. Aside from the family, a few of Christian's friends were also in attendance. Not wanting to seem like a snobby bitch, Liv agreed to mix and mingle for a little while.

"Thanks babe," Chris replied, tossing back her drink. She was in a mood, but didn't want to ruin the night by letting it show. Not when her mom had gone out her way to put everything together.

Christian's best friend Sabrina leaned over and asked, "So have you talked to Trey? I know he has a whole story to tell about this recent news." She giggled, irking Liv in the process.

Olivia cleared her throat, sensing that Christian didn't want to have that conversation.

"Um, Tonight is supposed to be about Chris and her accomplishments, how bout we keep the conversation there," She spat snidely with a tight lipped smile.

Sabrina rolled her eyes. Olivia was always a bitch to her for some reason, but anytime she'd bring it up to Christian the conversation would be shut down before it could even start.

"You're right Olivia," Sabrina stated in a fake perky tone. "My apologies. What's been up with you though? Still illegally housing runaways and whatnot?"

Christian's head snapped in Sabrina's direction, "Really?" She asked.

"What? It's a valid question," Sabrina shrugged.

Olivia chuckled lightly. "It's cool sis, I think it's time for me to get out of here anyway. Besides, I'd hate to ruin a good outfit by spending a night in county," She winked.

"Oh God," Christian drawled. "Let me walk you out."

The two of them headed towards the front door while Sabrina and the rest of Christian's bourgeois crew chatted about whatever it was they enjoyed chatting about. More than likely it was someone else's business.

"I can't stand that hoe." Liv voiced, pulling out her phone and replying to a text message.

"Trust me, it shows. Don't mind Sabrina's ass, she's just mad you knew everything before she did. For some reason she feels like a bestie should reap more benefits than a sister. Where are you headed though?"

Liv sucked her teeth. "Oh-The-Fuck-Well! But I'm about to stop by Gunna's with some soup and medicine. His ass has the flu and acts like its the end of the damn world."

"Just like a man."

"Right! Speaking of, how are you really? I know that Trey was a huge part of your life. It's ok if you're not ok with everything."

Christian had recently found out via social media that Trey and Nadia were expecting a child together. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't crushed, especially since the two of them had always planned to start a family together.

Chris shrugged. "What can I really say? We're no longer together. It's just... I was coping... Well trying to cope with the breakup, and then this happens. If I didn't know before, I'm certain now that I did the right thing. I forgive him though, and I'm just ready to move on with my life."

"Really? Just like that, you forgive him?"

"I mean, yeah. Him getting her pregnant is clearly karma. The bitch stole from him. He'll never be able to trust her ass now, let alone be comfortable in her presence," She shrugged. "Besides, love and forgiveness is the quickest way to dissolve karmic ties. I forgive him for not being who he portrayed himself to be, and I also forgive myself for all the times I held on hoping that he'd become someone different."