37

Christian walked around her living room picking up various articles of clothing with a sly smirk as remnants of the night before replayed in her mind.

The past six months had been an emotional whirlwind and after deciding that the relationship with Trey was a done deal Chris had finally given herself to her new man. It took a lot of late night phone conversations and sneaking around like teenagers to see one another, but now she was ready to formally introduce him as her man.

Olivia was constantly cracking jokes and pointing out Christian's new glow and since today was her niece's welcoming she felt there was no better time than the present to let everyone meet him at once.

"So I was thinking," Christian stepped into her room and tossed her clothes in the hamper. "Since Ariel's welcoming party is today... Maybe we could finally tell everyone about our relationship."

Christian's counterpart was busy texting on his phone but quickly tossed it to the side and looked up at her.

"I thought you didn't want to bring anyone into what we have going on so soon." He replied, tossing back words she had shared with him when they first began seeing one another.

Christian plopped down on the edge of the bed and smirked. He thought he was so slick using her words against her.

"I mean, that's when I had no clue as to where we were going with this. I was kind of under the impression that we had that figured out now. Was I wrong?'

"Nah, you weren't wrong at all. But are you sure this is the right time for that though?" He asked propping up against the headboard. Christian's brow shot up as she eyed him. "I'm just saying baby, this is supposed to be a party for the family to welcome baby Ariel properly, right? Why take the attention from her? Besides, don't be mad... But I may have to skip out. I just received a message and I may have to go and handle something important. Where is it again though? Just in case."

"Really Karron? Charity Circle Clubhouse." Christian pouted.

Karron had been staying at her place consistently for the past two weeks and staying locked inside the first week was cool, but Chris wanted them to break the news to everyone so they could finally start going out and maybe double dating with Gunna and Liv.

Karron pulled Christian to his side of the bed and kissed her forehead.

"Yes, really. Stop that damn pouting. I told you we can handle all of that when the time is right. That there is not the right time or place. Besides, I still haven't hashed out my differences with Cuz. You know how them light skin niggas are. Just give me a little more time and we'll break it to them."

"You promise?" Chris asked feeling defeated. She was tired of feeling like the third wheel and was more than ready to be boo'd up in public with her man. She understood that he and Gunna had a disagreement but it couldn't have been too serious.

"Promise," Karron sealed with a kiss and tapped Christians thigh. "And please don't break the news without me. I'd like to be there when you do it to see the looks on their faces. "

"Well, when will that be exactly? Cause I'm starting to get the feeling that you're ashamed of me."

Karron smacked his lips. "Really?"

"Yes, really Karron!" Christian half shouted. "Can you blame me? You were all for outing everything in the very beginning and now you're adamant about keeping us a secret."

"It's not like that. I told you before that my business is not everyone else's business. When the time is right we'll tell them."

"Whatever, " Chris sighed waving him off and standing from her position on the bed. She was done trying to argue her point when it was obvious that Karron wasn't going to change his mind.