31

"HOW?!" Capo's voice roared as he stood in front of his team fuming.

Only a select few of Capo's crew knew of his and Kai's dealings, so when he got the call that Kai had been ambushed and a school van full of the last of his product taken, Capo was beyond pissed.

No one said a word as Capo glared at them through bloodshot eyes. Luckily for them, Kai had been roughed up pretty bad but he'd live. He was beaten bloody, stabbed, and dropped off in front of Capo's main trap spot with a fucking thank you note taped to his chest. A fucking thank you.

"Somebody better start fucking talking or all of your mamas about to need black dresses," Capo warned, inserting a clip into his AR15 while pacing back and forth in front of his crew.

Mal, one of Capo's youngest and dumbest goons stepped forward. "Cap, I bet it was that new nigga man. Who else would be dumb enough to touch us?"

Using his thumb to swipe his nostril Capo let out an angry chuckle. Laughing was the only thing stopping him from airing out his entire crew. Clearly, Mal misunderstood his question.

"Muthafucka I didn't ask who, I asked how. Same letters, but you gotta jumble them bitches to get where I'm going... How does some new nigga pop up in town and take over the entire fucking east?! How does one nigga who's never been in my presence know the route to a backend operation? That's what the fuck I'm asking!"

Mal nodded and took a step back. He had no clue how to answer that one.

"Since nobody knows shit, none of you muthafuckas getting paid until I have all of my shit back along with that nigga's head! If one or the other doesn't show up in forty-eight hours I will take one of you instead. I will drop one of you muthafuckas every day until the man responsible for hitting me is dead," Capo gritted, looking each man in the eyes. "So Y'all better comb them fucking streets. The clock starts now."
******

Sometimes silence can scream so loud. As Briana sat at Kai's bedside gathering together his meds she was silent but on the inside, she was screaming.

How does someone just randomly walk up and decide to assault a school teacher? No doubt in this day and age random acts of violence were becoming more and more popular, but something about Kai's story just wasn't sitting well with Briana.

He told her he was carjacked, but she overheard him whispering over the phone that it had to be him. Briana didn't know exactly who he was that Kai referred to but what she did know was that he was lying and keeping secrets, two of the biggest no-no's when it came to dealing with her.

"What's up?" Kai grunted, attempting to set himself up in a comfortable position.

Broken ribs, a shattered knee, a slight concussion, and a stab wound in his stomach made up Kai's injuries. His face was two times its normal size and he couldn't stop the constant pounding going on in his head.

The pain was necessary though, it was a reminder that he was alive.

Briana sighed lightly. Things with Kai were going so good. The last thing she wanted was to put herself back into the same position she was in once before. Never again did she plan to allow a man to get her to a place of comfortability. A place where what he said went even when she knew it was a lie. No, she wasn't going there again.

"I need you to be straight up with me," Briana stated, her glare so intense that Kai almost wanted to avoid eye contact. "Was this some random attack, or was this personal?"