2

In a dark corner of the world hidden from all of Remnant, stands a castle surrounded by grimm. In one of it's many rooms lies a dining hall with one of it's rulers, a pale skin albino woman with pitch black eyes and red irises, occupying it with a cup of tea and a scroll with reports of her plan.

Salem:*sip* Aaahh. Red Sap tea. With a hint of orphans blood.

*bamf*

Salem: Hello, Father.

You: Salem.

Without looking away from her scroll, she can hear her father walking to the door.

You: Ah! Before I forget.

Looking up from her scroll, Salem looks up to see him focusing his gaze on her.

You: I need you to send that girl... what's her name, Tinder?

Salem: Cinder.

You: I need you to send Cinder my way when you get the chance. I would like a word with her.

Salem: Of course, Father.

You: Excellent!

As he walks to the door, she looks back to her scroll.

Your p.o.v.

Ah, home sweet home. As I walk down the halls I reminisce when I first arrived here, it was nothing more than a barren wasteland. Now, it's a hostile barren wasteland with a kickass castle! With grimm surrounding several miles around the castle, one would have to be foolish or have an army to even get through. If they got through they would still have Salem and, me forbid, myself to deal with.

I finally make it to the one part of the castle that few people, besides my daughter, would even dare to tread.

The basement.

Cinders p.o.v.

After I returned from my task in Vale, I was told by Salem to speak with him. My blood ran cold. I have only met him once, and even then I had never felt more endangered in my entire life from someone just saying 'hello'. There is something about him that simply radiates despair and death. As I make my way to the door that leads to the basement, I close my amber eyes and take a deep breath. I brace myself and head inside. Heading down stairs, the air gets colder and colder the farther I go. As I make it to the bottom, I see a chair and a table with a lamp lighting up the scene. But he is nowhere to be seen.

You: Take a seat, Cinder.

That doesn't mean he's not lingering in the darkness, though. Doing as I'm told, I get to the chair and sit down.

You: Tell me, what would you say is an insect's favorite thing?

Confused by the question, I look around from where I am sitting to try and find him.

Cinder: U-um, I don't... Garbage? Crap? A corpse?

The darkness, Cinder.:You

I snap my head to the right from the sound of his voice right up to my ear, only to see nothing.

You: The darkness is damp, cool, and isolated from most predators wanting to catch them. Now, do you know what they hate the most?

Following his voice, I look to the left.

Cinder: Uh, t-the light?

I jump in my seat when a pair of hands slam down on the table and I am face to face with a decorated mask.

You: Exposure! When an insect is exposed, it is in danger of capture and death! Which is what you are now

Cinder: What?! But I've been careful this entire time!

You: Oh, really?

To my left, a T.V. flickers to life. It plays video footage of me in the bullhead fighting those two on the roof tops. It pauses on one part and zooms in on me barely covered in the shadows.

You: Even shrouded in darkness, I can still tell who that is. All it takes is a cross reference with the physique, semblance, and the dress with anyone else like it to trace it all the way back to you. Putting Salems plan in jeopardy and delaying everything. Do you understand?

Cinder: Y-yes, my Lord. It will not happen again.

You: Make sure of it... You may go now.

I get up from the chair and take my leave as quickly as possible.

Your p.o.v.

As I stand up to my full hight, I keep my gaze on Cinder until she closes the door behind her.

You:... Kind of jumpy, that one is. All I did was warn her about getting too involved to the point of being noticed. It's Salem she needs to be fearful of failing, not me. Now... what to do in my spare time. I could put together another 9000 piece puzzle from Dragon Ball Z, watch a marathon of One Piece? Or maybe...

Getting deep in thought, I came up with an idea that could be beneficial for me. Weighing the pros and cons, I figure out a fun little activity for me that won't impede on Salems plan.

You: Oh. Ohohohohohooo. That could work.

To be continued

----

A/n: I tried to reenact a scene from my favorite show, but I can't find the video to save my life.