Bonus chapter: Another day in the Castle

[Location: Salem's bedroom]

Sleeping on the bed lies a slumbering Salem, drooling on a plush of her father. A small nevermore lands on the open window sill and starts squawking, annoying the crap out Salem. She reaches over to the nightstand and grabs a lamp, hurling it right at the nevermore and knocking it off the window.

Salem: "sigh" Why did my father train them to do that? Well, better get started for-

As she opens her eyes she sees Velvet sitting on the foot of her bed, staring right at her with her rabbit skull and red eyes.

Salem: AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! Were you just sitting there through the whole night?!

Velvet just nods her head.

Salem:... Can you leave so I can change?

She didn't move an inch as a response. Salem groans and gets up from the bed, walking over to her closet.

[One uncomfortable hour later]

Salem and Velvet are seated at the kitchen table drinking Crimson Tea with widow's blood. Velvet takes a sip from the tea only for it to leak out of the hole in her chest.

Salem:...

Velvet:...

Salem:...

Velvet:...

Salem:... Speaking of which, how... are you doing today?

Velvet pulls out an etch-a-sketch and starts turning the two knobs.

Salem:... Out of everything you could use to communicate, text messaging, pen and paper, you use an etch-a-sketch?

Velvet turns the toy around and shows it to Salem.

Velvet: Good.

Salem: Alright.... So how good are you in a fight?

She shakes the etch-a-sketch and lays it back on her lap. As she twists the knobs for a few seconds, Salem reaches out and grabs the etch-a-sketch. She tosses it across the kitchen and pulls out a pen and paper.

Salem: Use these!

Salem slams them on the table and pushes it over to her. Velvet looks over to where the etch-a-sketch was thrown then back at Salem. She grabs the pen and paper then begins to write something down. After she is done, she lifts it up and shows it to Salem.

Velvet: I got that as a house warming gift.

Salem buries her face in her hands.

Salem: "groan" You're as annoying as the mortal...

Velvet: Who?

Salem: Some guy that I came across a while back. How I haven't killed him yet, I have no idea... Matter of fact, there are a lot of people in the past few months that I haven't killed for some reason. Most of them seem to know the mortal in one way or the other... Huh.

[Later that day]

In one of the many halls, Emerald and Mercury make their way to the basement.

Mercury: But why though?

Emerald: Because, Salem asked Cinder to get a stache of... orphan's blood from the basement, then Cinder asked us to get it.

Mercury: But why though?

Emerald: Will you stop asking that!

After a few minutes of walking they finally make it to the door leading to the basement.