28-Dies irae, dies illa

[Location: Grimm castle]

... Silence. That's all there is in the meeting room as everyone is seated. Across the table, several of it's inhabitants are distraught in one way or the other. Emerald over what she believes to be the death of Cinder. Joshua over the loss of his left arm. Tyrian and the Father over the death of Salem.

After the events of last night the Father gathered the remains of his daughter and buried her somewhere that only he knows of, so that no one would dare defile her final resting place. After which he gathered everyone, including Joshua and Donn, to discuss their next course of action... No one has dared spoken up for the past minute.

Joshua:... "ahem"... My Lord I know that this is a very difficult time for all of us, but we need your guidance now more than ever.

You:...

As the Father simply sits in the seat that belonged to his daughter, he remains silent as he just stares off into space. Seated by his side, Velvet reaches out and takes hold of his hand, trying her best to comfort him. He looks over to the hand in his as she gently squeezes it.

You:... This was all meant for her.

Everyone snaps their attention to him as he finally speaks for the first time since last night.

You: As a father I wanted to give Salem everything, even the whole world, just to make her happy. I thought that if I pass on the legacy to her, I could finally put these weary bones to rest like my sons. But now...

Tyrian: "sigh" Then it truly is over.

The Father suddenly seaces movement from Tyrian's words. Velvet's ears start twitching before falling out of her chair and frantically making her way to the far side of the room away from the Father, her eyes glued to his form the whole time. The Father slowly turns his head to Tyrian as he stands up, the air around him getting colder. A feeling of dread suddenly washing over the scorpion faunus.

You: Over? My daughter, your queen, has spent years carefully planning out the conquest of Remnant and the downfall of humanity. Spending sleepless nights strategizing every work around of any set back, any interference, any minor hiccup that she could possibly imagine. Even of her death, she still has a plan that we can follow. And you dare besmirch my daughter's name with your assumption that it is all over? I should kill you where you stand!

Tyrian immediately launches himself to the floor, bowing before him.

Tyrian: F-f-forgive me, my Lord! I did not know my place!

You:... No. Of course you didn't. You mortals never do.

The Father takes his seat as he looks upon the scared faces of everyone around him. Even Hazel has a hint of fear in his eyes.

You: Velvet, please lead Dr. Watts and Joshua Ironwood to the basement, I wish to discuss with them on outfitting the Children with better equipment. Everyone else, leave me.

Not wanting to anger him, they all left him in the room. As the doors finally close, the Father is once again alone with the silence.

You:... Ozpin. You have said time and time again that you have made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. Hell, I can honestly say that I am the same way in that regard. However...

This shall be your greatest one by far, and your last.