4

Your p.o.v.

Well, that plane ride took long enough. After over hearing some kids talking about knees and a blonde kid running around trying to hold down his lunch for the whole trip, I step off and get a good look at the well acclaimed Beacon academy. As impressive as it may be, it still stands for everything I am against. So I won't feel that bad when this place burns.

I see a bunch of students heading in the same direction, so I decide to follow their lead. Ignoring the random explosion from outside, I make my way to an auditorium filled with students. After waiting for a few minutes, Ozpin finally makes it to the stage and starts telling everyone that we are a bunch of wasted carbon and should probably go kill ourselves... I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying attention the moment he started talking. We are told to sleep in the auditorium until tomorrow for our 'first step' or something. A few hours later, everyone starts getting in their p.j.'s and taking part in what appears to be the largest slumber party in history. As I lay on the ground, I just stare at the ceiling. I really don't need sleep, on the account of me literally being God. Also the fact that every time I do sleep, I end up in a different world for several years.

(Y/n): "thought" So how do I pass the time?............. 10,000 bottles of beer on the wall! 10,000 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it around! 9,999 bottles of beer on the wall! 9,999 bottles of beer on the wall! 9,999 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it around! 9,998 bottles of beer on the wall!

[Several bottles of beer later]

(Y/n): "thought" 2,345 bottles of beer on the wall! 2,345 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it around! 2,344 bottles of beer on the wall! 2,344 bottles of beer on the wall! 2,344 bottles of beer! You take one down, pass it arou-

???: Wake up lazy bud!

(Y/n): dafuq?

Looking to my left, I see an energetic ginger girl waking up her boyfriend I think.

???: It's morning, it's morning, it's morning, it's moooorning!~ I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full 24 hours!

The boy, who looks like a ninja, just gets up and starts walking with the girl in tow still yammering.

(Y/n): Guess it's time to get ready.

I get up from the floor and make my way to the mess hall for breakfast. After emptying their entire meat reserves in one sitting (What? I'm a growing boy.), I make my way to the lockers to retrieve my shit. As I do so, I once again over hear conversations about sloths, drinking milk, team making, and something about cereal. Seriously, what the hell is with this generation?! As I grab my sword, dagger, and gun I make my way out the door to the cliff side we were told to be at, passing by some blonde kid who was harpooned to the wall by his hoodie.

[Location: Beacon Cliff]

All right, now we're standing on some square tiles. Now what?

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors.

For years I have killed warriors.

Ozpin: And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... Today.

???: What? Aw...

(Y/n):?

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

???: Aaww.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

*glass shattering sound effect*

???: What?!?

Okay, who the hell is losing their shit? Tilting my head over to my right, I can see only one person who seems to be freaking out... Ruby Rose... Welp. Here's hoping she puts up a better fight than her mother.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die.

Aw man! It's not as fun when someone wants you to do it.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

???: Yeah, um, sir-

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Ha! Get shut down, kid! As everyone else starts standing fancily, I just stand here with my arms crossed.

???: Uh, sir? I've got, um, a question.

*PEW*

What the fuck was that?! Turning to my left, I see one of the platforms is jutting out of the ground at an angle with no one on it. Looking forward, I can barely see a body flying in the distance.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh, this is gonna be fun! I finally take my position on the platform. Kneeling just a bit with my head down and sticking my arm out with the rock symbol.

???: So, this landing strategy thing, uh, w-what is it?

*PEW*

I didn't get to here the rest of that conversation as I am launched into the air, not while screaming or shouting. But with a musical number.

(Y/n): I BELIEVE I CAN FLYYYYYYY!!!

----

A/n: Next chapter will have some action, I promise. Until then, gents...
I BELIEVE I CAN TOUCH THE SKYYYY!