24

[Location: meeting room]

Emerald and Mercury stand by a window as they watch Grimm crawl from the dark primordial pools that surround the castle, basking in the glow of the shattered moon. They both seem to be horrified from the display. From the table, Cinder snaps her fingers to get their attention. They look outside for one more second before returning to Cinder's side. At the table, there are three more individuals seated as well. A well dressed gentleman with a sort of electric styled mustache, a scorpion faunus with a pony tail squatting in his chair, and a burly man with a beard. As the two draw near, Emerald shoves Mercury away to get more room for herself.

Watts: Yes, yes, please keep your... posse... in check.

Provoked by the comment, Mercury tries to retaliate only to be stopped by Emerald.

Watts: You here that?... Silence. I've half the mind to thank the little girl that bested you.

Tyrian: If I were you, I'd hunt her down. Hmhm. Find her, and... Well... she took your eye, didn't she? Hmhmhmhmhm. Hahahahaha!

Cinder tries to speak but fails. She leans over to Emerald and whispers to her.

Watts: Pathetic. Why did you even-

He is interrupted by the sound of the doors unlocking. As it opens, everyone seated immediately stands up in respect of the one entering.

Salem.

She makes her way to the end of the room, facing away from everybody.

Salem: Watts... Do you find such malignace necessary?

She turns around to face him, before raising her hand to signal everyone to be seated. Minus Emerald and Mercury. Salem takes her seat as well.

Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.

Salrm: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower... and most importantly... killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious. To what "failures" are you referring?

Watts: Well... the girl with the silver eyes.

Hazel: Yes... We've dealt with her kind before... How is it a novice was able to best one of us?

Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power it should have been effortless.

Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder. You hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment. Doctor Watts... You are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral.

Watts: Very good.

Salem: Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden.

Tyrian: Hmhmhmhm. Gladly.

Salem: And Hazel... I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same.

Hazel: As you wish.

Cinder raises a finger, gaining Emerald's attention. She leans in to hear what Cinder needs to say. After a moment she stands and faces Salem.

Salem: Speak, child.

Emerald: She wants to know... What about the girl?

Watts: What about her? Seems to me like this is Cinder's problem, not ours.